Hello, the name is Zaphloe!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Zaphloe, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Zaphloe

Zaphloe Space Spelunker

Hello everybody! ',:^D My name is Zaphloe. (pronounced Za-flow) I just wanted to say I love this project! <3 Not often do I find such a rich source of entertainment such as Starbound. With a name that reminds me of Earthbound (SNES throw back) and side scrolling awesomeness that reminds me of other games like Megaman X or Mario this game is exactly my old-school type! Also it seems to resemble more recent games like Minecraft, Spore, and even Little Big Planet in a way. Just wanted to say it's a brilliant combination of characteristics that blew my mind when I came across it here. It's good to see people are still creating masterpieces like this! I will buy it up as soon as it's released! Seriously... I wish I could help work on it so comes out sooner! Thank you so much Chuckle Fish for existing! Much respect! Zaphloe out...

Noc, Bolt and Stargazer like this.
  2. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

Hello, Zaphloe! Nice to have you join the forums. Have a free wallpaper, and be sure to check out the List of Announced Game Information!
    [​IMG]

Zaphloe likes this.
  3. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

Because I can.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  4. Zaphloe

Zaphloe Space Spelunker

Thanks for welcoming me! ',:^D It feels so warm and fuzzy! Is that an armadillo/platypus? Love the festive penguin my friend!

5. Zaphloe

Zaphloe Space Spelunker

I see! So the monsters seem to be generated randomly, also there might be some standard monsters too? That's really cool actually. Penguins, cats, and cats driving mechs. Cute! ^_^

6. Kameil

Kameil 2.7182818284590...

Hello Starbounder! Welcome to the forums.

I'm glad you like the game. Chuckle Fish is working hard on Starbound to bring the absolute best for us. Surely we can repay their efforts by buying this.

Anyways, enjoy your stay... Zaphloe. Good luck with that Create-A-Hat Contest.

Zaphloe likes this.
  7. Bolt

Bolt Cosmic Narwhal

Welcome my friend!

Zaphloe likes this.
  8. Zaphloe

Zaphloe Space Spelunker

Thanks guys! Everyone here seems to be so awesome. I'm just a space hobo, trying to find his way.

9. Zaphloe

Zaphloe Space Spelunker

I should complete my current game and post it here! What do you think? For game design, I tend to stick to using editors like rpg maker and game maker. It's still an endless pile of work within these environments and completing a game is very rare for me. The main reason I think it would fit in here is because it also has spaceflight exploration; however, there's only a handful of planets and everything had to be mapped out by hand. I used rpg maker so I can't take credit for any codding or most graphics. It's far from finished but here are some screenshots:
    AirFlight.jpg

The idea is the first world plays much like a normal linear adventure, and when you beat the quest here you get this ship!​
    SpaceFlight.jpg
    The game will start branching out into non-linear plot lines with an end point eventually.​
    Bridge.jpg

Here the player can use the ship's navigation computer, log into the quest data base, and manually refuel the ship.​
    Fuel can be picked up floating in tanks in space or purchased from space stations, also you can still fly at low speeds with no fuel!​
    ... Anyway It's my baby, and it's just getting started. (Even though I spent all last year on it)​
    I currently use mostly default graphics, (first picture you can tell graphics are from rpg maker vx by Enterbrain) but I can easily replace them with equivalent graphics that look much better! My planets and spaceships are cheesy looking but I drew them! (picture two)​
    Anyway if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. It's easy to abandon this project for months at a time because I'm the only one working on it. I'll probably just give it away for free one day. It's no competition to Starbound, it's a completely different style of top down rpg. No exciting physics or game play. I hope to get a great story line but so far it's not written yet.​

Noc likes this.
  10. Zaphloe

Zaphloe Space Spelunker

My forum thread has cookies! ',:^D "Pixel Brownie Chunk" Cookie.png Cookie.png Cookie.png

11. Welcome to the forums!
    That looks kind of interesting. Good luck finishing it. :D

PS: In the future if you need to add something to your post, please use the "Edit" link found at the bottom of each of your posts. It keeps the forums tidier (the same person posting 3 times in a row makes it look a bit disorganized). :)

12. Zaphloe

Zaphloe Space Spelunker

Right you are! Thank you! ^_^'
    Adam # makes a solid point. Maybe next week I'll copy his avatar. JUST KIDDING! I just felt like copying Tiy and adding a pipe... I hope it won't offend anybody.

NEW
    My character sprite for my game. (not yet named)
    Includes: Pistol wielding action, and terrible hair style!
    Character2.png Character1.png
    Character3.png

13. Adam #

Adam # Big Damn Hero

Is that.... Tiy's avatar with different clothes and a pipe? :cautious:
    Edit: What the..... How did you reply to me if you posted before me?!

Zaphloe likes this.