Heart Forth, Alicia Launches Its Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Yo. That was unneeded.

Piccolo likes this.
  2. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Was a page back, don't revive old ghosts that were put down by a mod.

3. roadrashh

roadrashh Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry. No, I meant the guy you were replying to used great "logic." I was being sarcastic.

4. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Ahh, I can never be too sure here.

5. Bitcoon

Bitcoon Big Damn Hero

Quick question, and I'm not sure if this has been asked before:

This game looks pretty awesome and I'm sure it's going to do great on Kickstarter, but what is the need for the fundraising if Chucklefish is publishing for them? As far as I'm aware, a publisher's usual duty is to fund development and get the game distributed, but since this appears to only be coming to PC, distribution is relatively easy to pull off without a publisher's help, and funding is coming from fans rather than from Chucklefish's revenues. (or wherever a publisher gets money for games other than investors. I don't know those details. really) What is Chucklefish responsible for in relation to this game?

6. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

Hahah, ha hahh..

Nah, stop being a silly-billy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  7. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Publishing is exactly what the name entails, publishing. Funding could be done but generally the creators handle what they make.

There is only so much a team can do with limited advertising powers.

8. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

Yeah.. I'm mainly interested in Starbound. I'm poor enough as it is. I have one or two games on my steam account. Over 600 hours of starbound playtime.
    Nice pixel art.
    I'm sticking to Starbound. It's all i can afford. It's all I want. :)

9. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

Are moderators supposed to talk to forum goers like that? I believe it constitutes being a jerk which is apparently a no-no. I think I may just have to report you.

KevinFragger2427 and hocotRT like this.
  10. Symple85

Symple85 Space Spelunker

I personally can't wait for the game to go retail! I also love Starbound a lot(even though its seeming to betray my trust). However I cant bring myself to help you with funding for any projects until you start living up to your end.(imo) I feel kind of bad that I am forced to deny a great developer kickstart money due to being backed by an untrustworthy publisher.

I believe that a lot of people are really upset that the promises you gave are not being delivered. Can you blame them for voicing their opinions of frustration?

Perhaps this is the ideal thing for the developers of HFAlicia to see, exactly how the community and projects you run get treated and viewed by the public? Don't they deserve to know exactly the situation they signed up for? Everything, good and bad, that comes with being signed with you?

11. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Funny since within the first hour of the annoucement, the KS was at a little over 18K. Looking at it now, the ratio of people disappointed is not as great as some might believe

12. Symple85

Symple85 Space Spelunker

there is no such thing as bad publicity as you just pointed out....however.....

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”
    Abraham Lincoln

some people out there still think before spending.....just saying....ethics or entertainment, what should be peoples priority?

edit - I forgot something else also lol ( money > ethics or entertainment)!!! ;)

13. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

It looks very interesting to me. When they finish the game and the full product is out, I might decide then whether I buy it or not. Seems the safest attitute to take, all things considered.

Serenity, vanella, roadrashh and 3 others like this.
  14. Marcellow

Marcellow Tentacle Wrangler

I don't blame you as I'm doing the same thing myself.

roadrashh likes this.
  15. nours77

nours77 Sandwich Man

salut

Last time i had presented a small game, modérator say me, it is an off topic, it has no place in the starbound news... maybe admin have to lead by example...
    look interesting, wait and see, i m fan of métroidvania.
    And so, any news on starbound, you update news every 2 days, it was amazing go on tell us all !
    monsters skill ? what have you choose ?
    upgrade ship ? when it comming and how ?
    anothers things in progress ?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  16. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Chucklefish is publishing this game, it's not a fan work.

Serenity, Jonesy, Zouleena and 3 others like this.
  17. nours77

nours77 Sandwich Man

"but he’s looking to speed up development with the help of other talented developers– namely Jonathan Geer, Andrew Silverman, Steve Seator, and the animation studio Fu Essence– so today they’re kicking off their Kickstarter campaign!"

mmmmm..... no read better... ^^

18. hocotRT

hocotRT Aquatic Astronaut

So I heard this is where the cool kids go to discuss Starbound.

Serenity and Fiben Bolger like this.
  19. Cole Train

Cole Train Orbital Explorer

Looks interesting, I'll definitely see how it shapes up in the coming months.

20. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

"Aaand we’re interrupting our regularly scheduled program to announce that Chucklefish is publishing Heart Forth, Alicia, an epic Metroidvania RPG that combines beautifully crafted pixel art, modern mechanics and a set of immersive, unique and intertwining stories. It’s being developed by Alonso Martin."