Heart Forth, Alicia Launches Its Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Once again, and in all caps so you can hear me... THEY AREN'T WORKING ON IT!

Publishing is vastly different from Developing

Darklight likes this.
  2. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Gotta admit that's some beautiful art, both the paint kickstart banner and the pixelwork.

3. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

To defuse this shit you try adding fuel to the flame :l

Serenity likes this.
  4. Aggravated

Aggravated Aquatic Astronaut

Is discussing the publishing of this game and how it might affect CF not on-topic?
    Not trying to troll, but most of the time anyone follows that advice, those threads get locked by the 3rd or 4th page. Traditionally because they're only meant to "harbor dissent" and become "inevitable troll topics."
    I don't know if that's the problem. Is it more that CF's team is only a few people, and the person(s) who handle all the publishing bizz, is, as far as we know, just Tiy. Whose also supposed to be a big part for the SB team, since the game is from "His vision" and all that.
    I think we all assume hes the lead dev for CF, but might not be so, who knows.

BUT BACK ONTOP SO I DONT GET B&, MAN THIS GAME SURE IS PRETTY, FOR REALSIES.
    Edit: I'll stop posting here now.

Piccolo likes this.
  5. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Hey you fight fire with fire sometimes aswell :/

Also just noted this might be the case... but still its true its indeed a niveau sink

Edit 1: Its laughable how humans keep fighting eachother at this niveau.
    Its laughable how a supposed to be "dominant" "intelligent" species keeps throwing almost nonmetaphorical crap at eachother. Its more healthy to just laugh about both factions and create stupid images (erased them from here, still on my harddrive(s) though for future us) paroding both of them. And shit... I get told that satire is ok and wished to contribute something interesting and rather usefull to lets say... hot topics... well then... off to edit Encyclopedia Dramatica a little hehe (sarcasm intended).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  6. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

You're just making it worse and not trying to argue anything. It's effectively pissing on everyone who feels offended and then running away from the newly created chaos. Cut that out.

7. roadrashh

roadrashh Void-Bound Voyager

Duh! Logic right there!

8. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I don't know if you're trying to insult me. Clarify please.

9. Sledra

Sledra Slotherator 2.0

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DISCUSS STARBOUND. Next person who decides to continue this derail train gets to spend some time away from the forum.

10. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

Then why is it on a website called "play Starbound.com"? Seems like an odd place to post things in which Starbound should not be discussed...

11. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I think you missed the point of his post but let us drop this topic now

12. Up to 38.5k already. Taking all bets, who thinks they'll make their goal by Midnight tonight CT? Discuss!

Seajun_ likes this.
  13. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Looking likely. I'm certainly happy to see it. From the trailer and the gifs they have on the Kickstarter page, it looks like immense fun

Serenity likes this.
  14. Wurmheart

Wurmheart Subatomic Cosmonaut

I feel you are forgetting a few steps tbh, like:

Step 5: Shitposters spam the thread.
    optional step: you get angry and fight shit with shit, enjoy your ban. Also please take a bath asap.
    Step 6: Thread locked, return to step 1 if you want to continue.

And what exactly does being published by CF entail? Just a thumbs up so it can get on steam? or more?
    I feel sorry for the creator though, i expect he'll get hit with the chucklefish hate backlash (akin to TAW) and simply not sell as well as it should.

Piccolo likes this.
  15. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

If not today it's going to be tomorrow for sure. Chucklefish advertising it gave the project a shot in the arm.

Serenity likes this.
  16. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Mostly publicity in exchange for a take from the sales

Serenity likes this.
  17. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

That's a silly. But then again I'm going to go to the Risk of Rain forums and start talking about starbound so what do I know

Serenity and Seajun_ like this.
  18. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

In a publishing deal it typically goes like this. The publishers take a cut and also promote the game. The publisher also provides input.

Serenity likes this.
  19. Windcaller

Windcaller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks lovely! <3

20. zugz

zugz Space Penguin Leader

Yeah, I'm *so* willing to participate in the Kickstarter of a game published by CF.

hocotRT, Piccolo and Nimeni like this.