Hark, a Stable Update! v. Upbeat Giraffe

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Ixmore

Ixmore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

we'll probably get it tonight considering it's 8:46 PM GMT and the devs are probably in bed

2. Caseyss3

Caseyss3 Space Hobo

Do I need to undo the "Participate in the Unstable" thing? (Open steam, properties, betas, unstable)

Do I need to undo that and click the stable build for it to update?

3. Nasfirith

Nasfirith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Apparently still not up - at least this is what my server updater is saying :wut:

4. Zoophilian

Zoophilian Big Damn Hero

>_< Blarg, Update!

5. cst003

cst003 Void-Bound Voyager

In bed at 9PM? Those are some early morning rising devs..[DOUBLEPOST=1422478204][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I would bet that would help.

6. Nasfirith

Nasfirith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I bet too :D

7. Dr. Handsome

Dr. Handsome Big Damn Hero

In Steam, right click on Starbound in your library, select Properties..., go to the Local Files tab and check the Build ID. If it's 243945, you have the old version. You can check what's the BuildID of latest version on Steam in each category (public, unstable, nightly) by googling "steamdb starboard", visiting the first result and selecting the "depots" tab.

8. Ixmore

Ixmore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well either we get it tonight or tomorrow. Also I said probably, for all we know the devs maybe out partying or somthing

9. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, just put it on "None - Opt out of all updates" and leave it there. As soon as the update hits your game will automatically start downloading it.

10. Caseyss3

Caseyss3 Space Hobo

Ok, Thanks guys!

Hopefully it updates soon! :D

RavenX likes this.
  11. Spectre118

Spectre118 Void-Bound Voyager

Finally, I've waited so long for a stable update! And now it's here, hurrah!

Patience paid off!

Stuff!

12. Crafterfr33

Crafterfr33 Void-Bound Voyager

Finally! Chucklefish did a great job!

Also, waiting those few hours for the update to get on Steam hurts more than waiting a year for it to come out :p

13. Merek

Merek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

NOVAKIDS INCOMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!

14. Hanzyd

Hanzyd Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm your social life :D

NOPE.

Just the day after I finished all my univ. tests.

WHY DO U READ MY MIND GUYS? WHY?

15. lfinn11

lfinn11 Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't get the update.....

16. Cole Train

Cole Train Orbital Explorer

One of my favorite games, been playing unstable and I'm really excited to switch over to stable.

17. korvas

korvas Void-Bound Voyager

I am refreshing this page and delaying my work in anticipation for the update... still haven't got it, I'm on Pacific standard time.

18. Shemhazai

Shemhazai Aquatic Astronaut

So, not really looked into the game for a year since I wanted to just try it out again when all the big stuff dropped, but does anyone know whether vehicles like the mech that they introduced are still going to be techs rather than physical objects? Was really disappointed when the mech was just a power that actually made me worse off than I was without it. Was really hoping for player crafted / bought vehicles.

19. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Vehicles will stop being techs and according to some Tweets, Tiy wants to focus the next update around the mechs and vehicles.

20. Paco495

Paco495 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Agh, time to put Diablo 3 on the shelf for a bit and start Starbounding again...... Congrats!!!! Cant wait to experience the changes.