Hark, a Stable Update! v. Upbeat Giraffe

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 28, 2015.

1. oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Good to know!

40 minutes until we're lucky.

2. giguana

giguana Void-Bound Voyager

Would also love to know what's gonna happen to those of us who were already playing in unstable mode: will we lose our characters when the update is live? Or will they move over since they were created for this update?

3. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not talking about Old build characters or Unstable build characters. I'm talking about a brand new, Stable Build Giraffe Character, made today when Giraffe hits stable. I want to know it won't be wiped in future Stable updates. That was supposed to be what was holding them up so long between stable updates, so they could make that happen.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I wouldn't know.

RavenX likes this.
  5. Feenie

Feenie Void-Bound Voyager

Hell Yeah ! Congratulations Starbound team ! Just waiting now... STEAM Y U NO GO FASTER ?!?

6. Jellypuff

Jellypuff Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

If i can re-create this image in-game, it was worth the wait.

Yarott, Colaymorak and LastDay like this.
  7. Throndir

Throndir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Omg yes. Just yes. I just spammed all my friends "STARBOUND IS UPDATING GUYS!"

Serenity likes this.
  8. cst003

cst003 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh yay.. as if I needed something else to distract me from real life.. </sarcasm>

Cannot wait to get home and try out this new build! :fishbowl:

9. Maikoa

Maikoa Subatomic Cosmonaut

From the unstable update IRC

So we might be able to keep our characters from stable 1.0 onwards

RenaldiForumStar likes this.
  10. Sefercil

Sefercil Void-Bound Voyager

I am extremely excited to see you guys with so much progress behind you. I will continue to support you whenever I can, as you definitely deserve it. Many people tend to forget the sheer amount of coding and effort it takes to make a game and begin to act impatient and complain, but I am hoping that they will see how far you have come despite the challenges of making a game with so many elements to consider. There have been so many games people hype about that wind up proving them wrong when it comes to what a game is worth (usually the big $60 games with all the reviewers going bananas just because it is the next game in a series). I'm so proud of you guys. Stay strong and continue your work knowing there are thousands that support you, each with their individual love for what you do and what you have been able to show them. You've proven that awesome things are possible with enough time and dedication, and I hope many other will learn from and enjoy what you have to offer.

Zouleena and cst003 like this.
  11. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Still have to wait :/

12. Throndir

Throndir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now that the stable will be out, how will frequency of updates be like? I liked how it was a year back when updates were somewhat frequent. It at least keeps things coming in. I don't frequent forums so much, so it might have been answered, anyone know?

13. cst003

cst003 Void-Bound Voyager

Seriously. The amount of content in the previous build I played (I think Enraged Koala was it) was amazing.. And after having read the blog posts on what you as a team have been working on all this time.. I can only imagine the new spark of greatness this update will add to the game. Seriously seriously considering "getting sick" and going home to play.. :x

14. Dinoyipi

Dinoyipi Big Damn Hero

The devs have said that stable updates will be more frequent after this. [citation needed]

15. Time to switch back to the Stable branch after playing last month through the Unstable build. Congrats, Chucklefish! :DD

16. Eikouta

Eikouta Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    Couldn't help myself.

As for save compatibility, I always tend to start new characters after large updates anyway so unless they start doing huge updates every month I probably won't really mind.

17. Adjicio

Adjicio Void-Bound Voyager

Beautiful, can't wait to try it guys! It's really great to see such a huge update launch for this game. Keep on truckin'!

18. Scellow

Scellow Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm not happy with the questing system, don't tell me what i have to do damn it
    I'm not happy with the progression of the game at all

In fact i'm not happy with the game the infinite number of planets make it hard to play with lot of people and it's hard to feel home when we build our home ..

I would prefer to stay in a single solar system instead of infinite

I'll try this update but i'm not sure i'll come back

Starbound is a disapointment, FOR ME

There is many more things to say but i lost faith in the game :/

19. joq100

joq100 Space Hobo

My game doesn't run. I'm on a Mac, I've found that the OS X folder is completely empty, did you, uh, forget something? I already deleted and reinstalled btw

20. Durabys

Durabys Void-Bound Voyager

I was really losing hope. But you proved me wrong. I am happy that I was proven wrong.