1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hardmode thoughts

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Fluke2, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Fluke2

Fluke2 Orbital Explorer

So far this game has been great. The exploration, upgrades and the missions so much fun but as time has gone on playing vanilla seems.... boring to me.

So I have begun my foray into hardcore mode. 1 life to live! I have been wondering do people play this game in hardmode? im sure there must be people out there that do, and what do they think about this game in hardmode? my point of view is a tainted because i am playing with Frackin Universe installed for extra butt clenching.

the only thing i kinda would like changed but at the same time part of me likes it the way it is. during missions after you have activated the respawn point you dont get respawned in hardmode.

so again i am wondering to those others out there that play starbound in hardmode. What is your personal wish list?

2. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

I tried Hardcore mod once... was crushed by the first. Jewel never saw that Bandit Sniper coming...

3. Fluke2

Fluke2 Orbital Explorer

lol I had my first few characters die to a bandit that surrendered i accepted because every time so far i got an amazing crew member... then he summoned allies and i died to rockets when they were like 3 hits from dead. Next one fell to their death in a surface super chasm, hell last night my furthest ever character died because of lag in a challenge room and exploded into fiery bits.

i still play non perma death modes for a stress free-ish fun having good time.