1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

The screenshots give me the strong impression that I am looking at a walking PGI. I'm familiar with a tutorial or two regarding sprite making that would greatly benefit you. Granted I can't remember where they are but I know they exist. I suggest you look around to fix this. Or if you've since updated the sprites you should also update the screenshots.

EDIT: a great one I found was somewhere on the terraria board. Seriously, take a look.

2. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

I'd like to know what PGI means in these sort of terms, because I'm not familiar. The sprites themselves have been polished, I've only been using my old character due to simply not wanting to create a new one for the sole purpose of showing off; newer images will be uploaded whenever I get the chance, as I'm running Starbound in a fairly subpar computer and, well, I have other things to attend to.

I hope you can link me as well to these tutorials whenever you get the chance.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    Kawa likes this.
  3. L4DTurbozero

L4DTurbozero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't really judge by screen shots, which is why you need to download and try it out first before you can actually rate the mod.

4. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

screenshots act as your selling point. what I've seen thus far are walking perfectly generic items.(bright green, minimal detail)

I'm not going to download or even rate, I'm just a passerby pointing out the flaws I immediately see in hopes of improving your perspective and work.

as for the guide, this is pretty decent if you know what to ignore for starbound. As far as I have seen, starbound uses no gradients and for the most part sticks to 4 shades for any colour used on any sprite. but im not too good at explaining this stuff so just take a look
    That should get you going and improving. :)

5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Can vouch for ECC's awesomeness. You should listen to his critiques. :)

6. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Thanks for the passingby, I suppose. Sprite/image detail are the least of my worries, and as I mentioned the colors were fixed/tweaked and I will update screenshots whenever I can; we have approximately 20 colors in the works, both slightly bright and dulled out. And as for the preview image, I'm not entirely sure if you're familiar, but the drone back item does make anything very, very bright.

As for the guide and what you've explained, there's nothing about it that I don't already know. I'm just bad at art in general. :p

Thanks though!

Kawa and ECC like this.
  7. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

we all suck. Specially when we first start.
    and sorry if I at all came off a bit rude.

G.Xyon likes this.
  8. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

All coolsies! I'll consider your opinion and check out the graphic stuff/put proper images up whenever I get the energy to. Top priority right now is making the mod work. xD

Kawa likes this.
  9. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

if you've got any errors you need to iron out, check ##starbound-modding @ freenode.net
    want to get some help with aesthetics, I suggest #starbound (more eyes to see and judge there and a better pool of artists to boot)

edit: modders generally aren't great at art I've come to learn. The more code-y things you do, the crappier the graphics tend to be. Always exceptions, but as a rule don't go to a modding channel for art :p

G.Xyon likes this.
  10. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

G.Xyon updated Gyrusens! with a new update entry:

GUNS A'BLAZIN'

Read the rest of this update entry...

Kawa likes this.
  11. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Kawa likes this.
  12. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Ship update!

Kawa likes this.
  13. moddownloader

moddownloader Phantasmal Quasar

about that ship update
    its not that hard to delete a characters anything (like the character itself) if you open up the metadata thing with notepad as you get the name of the character in it :DD

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    G.Xyon likes this.
  14. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

True enough! But I can't expect everyone to know that (hell, I didn't even know that myself, I just based myself from the time the files were edited).

Thanks for the tidbit of info though!

Kawa likes this.
  15. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Thank you all!

Kawa likes this.
  16. capizma

capizma Cosmic Narwhal

When are you panning to make furniture? :mwahaha:

17. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Soooooooooooooooooooon!

It's been on my mind honestly! I'll try to make some after all the vital mechanic stuff is done (right now I think the only thing left is to give the NPCs their own shop, which I'm going to work today, but idk if anything else might pop out).

And being honest I haven't the SLIGHTEST idea on how to design it. >w>;

Kawa likes this.
  18. capizma

capizma Cosmic Narwhal

Ouron?

19. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Fairly Important Update

Kawa likes this.
  20. G.Xyon