1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Gun Assembly 1.2.1

Break guns into parts, assemble parts into guns! Gun customization.

1. CryAngel

CryAngel Aquatic Astronaut

idk if someone interested, but i play a bit with this mod (thanks author for great idea and mod) and make some changes to make it compatible with unstable build (Giraffe), so can upload somewhere if someone want. also i noticed one thing: i understand, when parts lvls affect lvl of assembled weapon, but i dont like if parts lose is lvls after any experiments. once you try combine parts from higher lvl gun and lower, you get parts of some average lvl and cant assemble back your high lvl weapon anymore. so, after thinking, i try put parts info inside assembled gun, and looks like is work (you get average lvl for gun, but parts save their lvls, if later you decide disassemble assembled gun, you get same parts as used for assembling).

BipedSnowman and laz2727 like this.
  2. BipedSnowman

BipedSnowman Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love to see it for Unstable, and that sounds like a super nifty improvement.

3. CryAngel

CryAngel Aquatic Astronaut

well, lets try (if something work on one PC is never mean this will work on any other one :laugh:)

P.S. if someone already tried lets me know if is work at least lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    laz2727 likes this.
  4. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

It works, yes.
    It even works with nightly.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    CryAngel likes this.
  5. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please consider updating to stable giraffe. The creative mod allows us to spawn many more vanilla guns, giving us more options for use with this mod. Having the freedom to make your weapons makes the game more enjoyable for players that love customization, like me. :boo:

6. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Yeah I'll try to get to it this weekend. There are a few fixes I want to put in too. Like fixing the unseemly gaps that sometimes appear between the parts.

TrueEdge, D9sinc and sρooκs like this.
  7. Radenius

Radenius Void-Bound Voyager

Very glad to hear this mod is getting updated, I absolutely loved this idea in the beta and got a hell of a lot of mileage out of it. Thank you for your continued dedication, Healthire, this mod is a lot of why I play the game. I definitely need to make a Novakid character now... heh heh.

8. Drakarus

Drakarus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm bookmarking this mod. Because the moment it updates, I want it.
    This and a melee weapon parts mod would be the best thing ever, because if I had an awesome sword that had a crap handle, I'd switch it out for something better.
    I love it when people have these great ideas and act on them. I'm wishing I'd found this mod sooner. :p

TrueEdge likes this.
  9. Radenius

Radenius Void-Bound Voyager

I think it's safe at this point to ask what's going on. Update, no update? I do hope you still plan to update this.

10. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

Man i miss this mod, any hopes of receiving an update anytime soon Healthire?

11. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

12. Aarxx

Aarxx Void-Bound Voyager

When I run Starbound with the mod installed, it crashes, displaying an error message that says something along the lines of "no such key ("humanoidTiming")." I'm not sure what the problem is, but I play Nightly so maybe that's it?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  13. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

The mod is outdated and does not work with the latest version of Starbound. You can try the fan update and see if that works. The link is somewhere in this forum thread.

14. Aarxx

Aarxx Void-Bound Voyager

With the fan update, whenever I try to place the gun crafting whatever, it just disappears, then the game crashes shortly after, with no error message at all.

15. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Hint: check starbound.log

16. Aarxx

Aarxx Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know how to interpret the information in it. Also I have five of them.

17. Mackinz

You only need to check the one called starbound.log, and you need to provide it for the mod maker and/or anyone interested in helping.

18. Aarxx

Aarxx Void-Bound Voyager

No, you don't understand. In giraffe_storage I have five files named: starbound.log.1, starbound.log.2, starbound.log.3, starbound.log.4, and starbound.log.5. None named starbound.log.

19. Mackinz

Then there is something wrong because you should just have starbound.log with no numbers.

Try running your game, placing the object again, letting the game crash, and then look again.

20. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

[​IMG]