1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

grappling hook!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SolidSnake, May 26, 2013.

1. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

2. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This will certainly be an interesting problem for Tiy to grapple with.

Pun definitely intended.

SolidSnake, Sim2k and klipwc like this.
  3. elizabethIII

elizabethIII Master Chief

In another thread I read that Tiy had announced short range teleporters...

4. klipwc

klipwc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice pun

5. Sim2k

Sim2k Big Damn Hero

I'm just reminded of how the grappling hooks worked in Worms, maybe something like that

6. Gaikang

Gaikang The Number of the Minibeast

I thought this was already an announced feature, in addition to Jetpacks. If not, I imagine it will work work something like it did in Terraria. Not to mention you don't need a sci-fi specific grappiling hook. It's a Grappling Hook that works like a grappling hook that grapples and then hooks things. They're not magic, fantasy, or something.

7. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

I want the line launcher from batman arkham asylum/city

8. lickmyxxx

lickmyxxx Big Damn Hero

I remember that Tiy said something about that the grappling hooks will be much different then we're used to.
    Maybe it would be like-you throw it on a wall and it sticks to it so u can go up and down and swing with the arrows what helps you with getting into deep holes and climbing on high cliff with the feeling of actually climbing stuff.

sorry for bad English ):
    http://www.google.co.il/imgres?imgu...z6iUYWKGez40gXvnoG4Cw&ved=0CEQQ9QEwBQ&dur=510

9. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

I still think Tiy's most likely going to have grappling hooks behave similiar to the Ninja Rope from worms, as he mentioned he'd like to have them work like that back in march of last year.

Not to mention Tiy's had experience with Ninja Rope like physics, he did make HedgeWars, after all