Race Glunaught

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Nirn, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

I appreciate you being kind and honest enough to let me in on this similarity, but as Demon of Borders said, it is true I made theses guys before Hyotls came along. and Though I do see what you mean in the gills, and in the idea of them being air breathing amphibians, I believe there is were the similarities stop and the many differences begin.​
    Another note the "closed gills" are like a hair style for the Hyotls so you won't see them on all of them, were as for Glunaughts that is a constant feature, we use face paints as hair styles. ​
    Don't feel bad, I have made the mistake of not looking at creation dates many times. Also no, I cannot redesign them.​
    Thanks again, and please if you have any other critics let me in, I enjoy hearing what other see in my creations. ​

Zeklo and Axe Garian like this.
  2. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

That, trolls of the internet is how you settle an argument

Nirn and Axe Garian like this.
  3. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

I would love to see some flying glunaught related animals as well as a glunaught covered in glue holding a dripping glue bottle. :rofl:

Nirn and Axe Garian like this.
  4. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

quite specific on that second one...

Nirn likes this.
  5. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Yeah I guess, it's just it would look best that way in my opinion.

Nirn likes this.
  6. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Cow bells!
    Sorry this took so long, me and the musical artist had a bit of a falling out, but things are all good now, so I introduce to you a peek at the Glunaught soundtrack!​
    This is in deep alpha, so it is subject to change, so please, I would like all of your completely honest opinions.​

*adds to list*

7. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

I'm not that much of a music person so I wouldn't know too much, but I can say it fits with starbound and glunaughts theme in my opinion.

Nirn likes this.
  8. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Sounds good, but Glunaughts are big on Crystals, & it's kinda hard to imagine Crystal Based Drumming & the like... :speechless:

Maybe Crystal could cooperate with Wind & make Wind-Based Music, like Flutes, Chimes, & Blowing over a Crystal Musical Bottle's Mouth for Bottle Music? :idea:

Nirn likes this.
  9. over01

over01 Big Damn Hero

turtle + armor = awesome

Brutaka316 and Nirn like this.
  10. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

at 0:10 I think it would sound better 1 or 2 keys higher and hollow. Also change a few robotic like noises to crystal tinkles or tribal drums (tribal drums definatly for the gongs) Maybe a wood flute might be good to look into.

Edit: Try a Digeridoo (Low hollow sound) and a Tibetan Tingsha style sound (high ping)

(source: I am a music student)

Nirn likes this.
  11. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hrm. Theme's not quite what I was expecting to be honest. The drums and bells sorta give it a tribal kinda beat that I like though. In a way it almost reminds me of something you'd hear in the Mother/Earthbound series. And thinking about it I suppose it suits the Glunaught fairly well.

Nirn likes this.
  12. Brutaka316

Brutaka316 2.7182818284590...

Though my art skills are nowhere near the glory of Nirn, I just had to do this. (In study hall no less.)[​IMG]

13. EnderRydel

*Snrk* Oh lord. The puns that will result from this.

Brutaka316 and Nirn like this.
  14. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Thanks all for your music critics I will send them to my music artist and we will see what he comes up with.

cuuute!~

Brutaka316 and Axe Garian like this.
  15. Brutaka316

Thank you all for the horde of alerts that appeared seconds after I posted. Glad you guys like it.

Nirn likes this.
  16. EnderRydel

You know...I just had a random idea. Wonder what a glunaught version of Bowser would look like. I mean...Glunaught and Koopas are both turtle-like races.

17. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

I got 1 alert for all of these posts :rofl:.

Nirn likes this.
  18. Brutaka316

Here ya go.
    [​IMG]

Axe Garian, Nirn and EnderRydel like this.
  19. Brutaka316

I was wondering if you could add these to your avatar section. If you want to/can of course.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. Mr. Morefun

Mr. Morefun Void-Bound Voyager

First time using paint not drawing stick figures. Didn't really know what to do, so somewhat scary glunaught it is.

Attached Files:

Nirn, Brutaka316 and Axe Garian like this.