Giant Kitten Planet (Katar 9?)

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Ayumi, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

first off. THIS NEEDS TO BE A MOD.
    MAKE IT ONE
    NOW

next.

I object to this completely.
    so lets start tearing this post apart shall we?

How so? Give a list will you?

And while were at it.

So are humans. So are memes. So are dragons, guns, swords, magic, computers, cats, dogs, weather, multiple worlds, cities, jungles, swamps, mechs....
    im going to stop there because i think my point is across. This list is just for games btw, not a broad spectrum.

how would adding an anthropomorphic cat race break the game? And dont tell me its cause its anthropomorphic cats. We already have apes, birds, fish, and plants. This game hosts several memes within it as well.

this one i have to break down more. So lets.

what the bloody hell does this have to do with anything?
    No really. I see equal amounts of non furry fanbase that try to add just as unlore friendly stuff.
    Wanna good spot to look?
    Look at skyrims mods, and tell me how many were made by the furry fanbase.

How at all would this not be lore friendly?
    No im dead serious. I want a legit answer thats not 'because its a catperson race'
    as stated before, there are bird people, ape people, fish people, plant people, and even robots that malfunctioned in their programing.
    This race has quite a bit of detail in it, and so much more could easily be added to build upon this. As a matter of a fact several of the meme slangs for certain things (such as tactical mew) would be both adorable and legit, as the race itself could possibly use that kind of language in serious moments.
    So yes. Why?

2. Kehlian

Kehlian Void-Bound Voyager

As a mod it'd be a great idea, I'm sure about that, but I don't want it in the base game.

I'm sorry if I used some words too strong about furry fan-base, it's just that I always see only that kind of people asking for that (you know, with cute japanese cartoons of semi-to-full-naked cat girls), and it's starting to be a bit annoying.
    And if you read correctly, I said "furry-like".

As you said, in Skyrim, those are MODS, and it's a good thing as long as they are only mods. (people do whatever the fuck they want with mods I don't care at all if they break their own lore as long as they don't force me to use it).

It'd break the uniqueness of the game, as stated before, you see cat people absolutely everywhere, even in Skyrim, to use your example. And i'm dead tired to see those "nyaaaaaa nyaaaa mi so kioute nyaaa" everywhere. The game is unique as it uses specific, funny, and uncommon stories for its races. They even added uncommon races, like Hylotls, Glitches, or Novakids, basing their lore on something else than only cuteness (which they are not, nothing is cute at all in this game, and that's perfect this way, let's not change it. The cutest things in this game are the Florans, and they are deadly ).

3. Milly Rainbowskittlez

i still dont see the issue. the way this race is depicted isnt really to be adorable, theres a few things here and there that, atleast in my opinion, would make it a bit adorable, but no less than some of the other races. It wouldnt even ruin the uniqueness of the game either because of this ones spin on it. futuristic cat people that are taking a serious tone?
    And since we've added skyrim to this, i will even say, like skyrim, because even in skyrim the cat race is far from cute, and more resemble several serious tones of gypsies.

actually i think i can sum up my entire opinion of this to say, even i dont want this added because its adorable. I want it added because of its rich lore, and the potential that it can gain. The details that this race has is interesting to me, and would very easily fit in the starbound universe. Simply put, it was an OP like this threads that got the Floran into the game in the first place.
    Its also stated in the OP that nyatanese (the hypothetical language of this cat race) was just silly, and could easily be replaced by something more serious. (i dont think it should, the idea of using a memesh slang as a very basic foundation for language would be something entertaining to dabble with. much like how floran like to stab things.)

but the bottom line here is, if you actually took the time to read through the op, you would notice that this is very far from 'oh cheese im so cute'.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    Ayumi likes this.
  4. LuckyRare

LuckyRare Phantasmal Quasar

Man, this is just like the Pandaren in WoW debate.

5. Milly Rainbowskittlez

NUU pandas canno be in teh game D8<

YUSH THEY SHOULD BEH

shup you two, pandas be in gaem!

6. BurningDogFace

BurningDogFace Poptop Tamer

I really like this idea. You've got my support! Make 'em playable, and I might have to abandon my poor Glom the Apex. :rofl:

7. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

*Looks at ihs keyboard,hoping he will not get spammed with 'NO NECRO' posts,* welp here goes nothing.*presses enter*
    This is a Great idea,i would probally steal a Kitan and 'torture' it with Evil tikling! Mwuhahahahah

8. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

Adding this to starbound Will Be Like Chibi Like graphics! And That Will be attacted Japanesepeople to play it. And thus making it more popular.

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Looking back at the suggestion after all this time, I'm thinking it would be nice to see some pre-generated planets with unique content specific to only that planet. Good opportunity to go with an overall theme there.

Well, you're on topic, and it's still a perfectly relevant suggestion, so the necro is fine.

Zurgh and Milly Rainbowskittlez like this.
  10. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

Hell yeh.*pts on sunglasses while eating a pop tart* 2,457 nyatinese I saw die to get this here pop tart,it was worth it.