GeorgeV News: 20th of May! London Office!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, May 20, 2014.

1. oceansRising

oceansRising Pangalactic Porcupine

I really like the colors and design :3!

2. jetsetdizzy

jetsetdizzy Big Damn Hero

Would you like to hear an interesting fact?

Sonja and Titanium like this.
  3. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

1000 pixels? Oh boy, lets hope those new ways to gather pixels are in before this.

4. Blue_Shayde

Blue_Shayde Void-Bound Voyager

SAI!!! Love it. Adds a bit more of this futuristic feel to the ship.

SAI should so have a line later.............. "I can't do that (player name)." xD

Someone post Glados's face in there. =P

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  5. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

[​IMG]
    *head tilt*

Laterne likes this.
  6. Camoon

Camoon Tentacle Wrangler

How about letting the player name their ship-based artificial intelligence?

7. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

Aw. This looks like fun. If i wasn't too lazy right now, id make a ring version of it. Could make it a gif...

8. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Will..I dream Dave?......Daaaaaaave........daaaaaaaaaave

9. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

I only have one issue. The 1000 credit quest. The starting planet is random, right? So what happens to the players put on planets with no people to kill? The level 1 planet monsters can drop single digit pixels when killed...

10. Septun

Septun Starship Captain

I think a hologram person would be better than real solid persons like humans. ITS A COMPUTER!
    Static Errors would be nice too, like in Slender. And thank you for so many news!

11. Septun

Septun Starship Captain

Oh,oh,oh! SAI can talk like GlaDoS in Portal! That would be the best feeling for me.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  12. DoomFire

DoomFire Existential Complex

* Writes down in 'mods to make' list *

ThatMadCat and Kyasupah like this.
  13. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Love the work, keep it up!:)

14. iridium89

iridium89 Big Damn Hero

I'd even name my character Frank ... or wait ... Dave would be better :D

15. May Carlin Hem

May Carlin Hem Void-Bound Voyager

I really like these daily updates. Even it's just idea pitching or concepts that won't make it into the game at all, or even if they do they'll be different from the ground up.

I'm not on the bandwagon of "I paid for this, I demand updates". I personally spent over 300 hours in game as my Steam tells me, not to count the hours after I figured out I could play it offline w/o using the steam client (derp). For a price of $15 (or roughly €11) Starbound ranks up among my top games on the money / time spent ratio. Sure it is not a complete game (not in the slightest), but I knew that coming into it. I still enjoyed spending time on it.

Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.

The only reason I "demand" updates with a polite smile on my face, is because I'm stoked for this game's potential. I hope you keep the trend of these couple of days up.

That aside, let's get back on topic:

As far as the AI idea goes, I believe it ties in perfectly with the game notion. It's a more of a classic idea than a trite one. Hope it does make it in game in one form or another. Fingers crossed.

My personal suggestion would be to expand the AI feature while exploring:

- Maybe have the AI give you a rough biome analysis of the planet you just landed on.

- Combine the AI with the current Magnifying Glass / Inspect tool that gives us info on items and blocks.

- Maybe combine the AI with a floating mechanical orb that follows you around if you choose to, providing humour, useful info and maybe utility (flashlight, spawn point marking, ship teleportation are some ideas)

You can also give us the option of whether we want the AI or not. Some people might enjoy the solitude more.

16. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Do you guys think you can get Tiy off of Twitter? Every time I look at his Twitter feed I see this endless stream of people directly confronting him. I swear, if he sticks around there any longer he's going to snap.

17. May Carlin Hem

May Carlin Hem Void-Bound Voyager

None of the people at CF ever stroke me as people that discovered the Internet yesterday.

I'm not taking sides, just saying. We all know (Tiy included) that it's more likely for a person to take time to whine about something rather than praise it.

He shouldn't give an F about the negativity. In a good way. As in, he shouldn't ignore it, but still remain unphased by it.

18. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

I think that it would be cool that the ship AI was based on the spawner you 'ported' into it.

Hear me out on this, because I'm making it up as I go along, but right now, scanning a spawner (like a doctor spawner or chef spawner) into the 3D printer destroys the spawner but adds no option to print out new ones.
    So, from this, if instead of being destroyed, the spawner is 'assimilated' or whatever it needs to be to be added into the mainframe, it changes the appearance of the AI?

Prehaps have it so spawners now show what race of 'chef' or 'doctor' you would get from them (Or add a crafting recipe so that you can convert it to your race, and maybe buy blueprints for other races)? because then you can choose more carefully without having to worry about getting a race you're not happy with and losing a spawner... Maybe even have animal AI ( :kitten2: meow meow)!

Just my thoughts.

Looks great so far though! :up:

SirKaldar and Enzencho like this.
  19. skykain

skykain Orbital Explorer

Open the pod bay doors, HAL

20. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I AM AFRAID I CANNOT DO THAT, SKYKAIN.