GeorgeV News: 20th of May! London Office!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, May 20, 2014.

1. Kyasupah

Kyasupah Pangalactic Porcupine

Gah! Beat me to it. :up:

Ilusiveman likes this.
  2. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Can we edit the "how may I serve you"
    That'd be neat

Attached Files:

3. Sic

Sic Aquatic Astronaut

Thank goodness!

I was just about to open Paint. :p

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  4. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

So much tradition in sci - fi A.I.
    Literally any image you use for its portrait will be compared to some existing story.

5. Ilusiveman

Ilusiveman Void-Bound Voyager

It's better than before, BUT! what if the ship is the last thing you have to earn, so you have to use STARGATES to travel from planet to another.

U have to first get maybe GEM? as power source to charge up the gate. They could be diferent to charge close range connection (only to next level. No further.)

Gates also could have "memory" of last visited planets and a few save options, so you can safe a few favorite and home planets, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING ON SHIP!, but in your beautiful castle of doom, or undeground bunker, or whatever!

The GATE, could by also brakeable and transportable..- if you do so,.. you have to repair it with something special?, meybe good for balance.

The gate is also usefull for building base everywhere you want! Maybe in asteroid field? Yeah sound like my plan. Or on the dark side of the moon!!! In skyes?! Like ship of shield from Avengers!

My last words are... i like ships..., but.. i don't like the way, how it is ruining the housing. Gates are better. PLEASE DO IT MY WAY..

HERE! Discuss! http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/hello-stargates-read-it-just-do-it.79177/

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  6. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

I'm really digging the look, so nice and sleek. Be fun to choose the image for our personal A.I

Starsly likes this.
  7. hypnoavocado

hypnoavocado Orbital Explorer

Yes.

Attached Files:

8. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

need a button ' Get random quest' . also resume abandoned quest, and dispense rations for 25 pixels, as food take up a lot of time that could be used for exploring/building. also make a version that is movable for use in a base.

9. Carryall

Carryall Big Damn Hero

I appreciate the direction this is going. I hope to see it continue. P.S. extra points to the Red Dwarf crowd.

10. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

Make the avatar a replacable .png file then it could be swapped by each player, if it is included in the .shipworld it could even be swapped between characters, by adjusting the file before they get their ships, or by deleting the old .shipworld file and getting a new ship. although thay mght mess up the upgrades.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  11. HUcast

HUcast Void-Bound Voyager

Personally, I'd like if materials like steel or titanium were required to upgrade the ship. Better upgrades needing rarer ores, ect.

12. Demonoid74

Demonoid74 Star Wrangler

13. draco1122

draco1122 Big Damn Hero

Great idea!!! I was wondering tho have you giving any though to having separate launch options for modded and unmodded so people can mod for single player and have it unmodded characters for mult-player? I know it is off topic but I am really looking forward to the modding and mult player but right now no one I play with wants to mod and play mult-player. What is the general opinion on this?

14. Bryan

Bryan Phantasmal Quasar

15. berzerk dragon

berzerk dragon Void-Bound Voyager

16. poster55

poster55 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

17. RonEmpire

RonEmpire Yeah, You!

I think the option to get the Matter Manipulator from the AI is rather silly and a waste of UI space.
    How often are you going to ask the AI to give you a matter manipulator?

(after you get the item, that space is empty)

Maybe it's useful if you are always going to accidently delete it or drop it on the ground for space and need to replace it.

18. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

You forgot that the game actually has a "hard" difficult setting now, where you loose everything upon death (items + pixels). But I admit that besides that its a rather useless AI command. Even the matter manipulator itself is becomes rather obsolete once you get your first tools in normal difficulty (unless, like you said, you delete them or drop them by accident). The shining point of this mock-up picture is to show the menu itself - the Tech, Printer and hull repair options are what matter here.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    Colaymorak likes this.
  19. electroman24

electroman24 Big Damn Hero

looking awesome and looking forward to the final product. :party::lickitung:

20. Starsly

Starsly Big Damn Hero

Pretty sure the matter manipulator and repair button are just single click buttons and you get new ones as you clear those.