1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Geode Race rock.pun

Friends of Mineral Town

1. Throwaway

Throwaway Void-Bound Voyager

Throwaway submitted a new mod:

Geode Race - Friends of Mineral Town

Read more about this mod...

2. flameswilllive

flameswilllive Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you say you don't have much to show, but at least post the ship (If its done), along with a male and female.

Soude likes this.
  3. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Besides the little info about this mod, I found it rather "adventurous". :)

4. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I personally had an idea for a Artistic Golem-like race that had Sigils on thier foreheads. They basically had weaponry designed to look like various styles of art. like a paintbrush sword or a Hammer shaped like a bell. Oh and also supportive types of plants called Paintberries which could be crafted into throwable weapons that healed, burned etc.

Zjordo likes this.
  5. Freedom92

Freedom92 Void-Bound Voyager

I've played with this mod for about a hour or two and enjoy the Geode thus far, obviously it will need for content but its nice to start with basic tools.

Also love the lore, good job.

6. Zjordo

Zjordo Void-Bound Voyager

If you continue the race into the full game (please do) what will be their thing novakids light up florans regen energy in daylight . will these guys have a high damage resistance and slow movement speed or what else could there be my vote is for damage resistance

7. DMMWolf

DMMWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Skelozard1, slitherica and Freedom92 like this.
  8. Throwaway

Thanks for giving it a shot. More content is on the way, eventually. Glad you enjoyed the lore, It was probably my favorite part besides the spriting. Have you checked the furniture with other races yet?

This is going to be kind of an involved answer, but I'm glad somebody asked. Rather than a racial ability, each of the "types" of armor is going to do it's own thing. There's one type per 2 tier levels, so there's a total of 5 types.

The first type, Stone Armor, prioritizes high defense and moderately increased health, with a corresponding drop in energy level and recharge rates.
    The second type, Molten Pour, has balanced boosts similar to default races' armors.
    The third type, Lifegel, has doubled health but halved defense. To make up for this, it has an inherent HP regen effect. Energy is unchanged.
    The fourth type, Mohs Diamond, has huge defense and slightly boosted energy/recharge, with very low health. It's sturdy, but vulnerable to big hits.
    The final type, Stonemother's Embrace, is the glass cannon type of armor. It provides no defense or HP, but boasts insanely boosted energy levels and a variety of status effects such as movespeed and jump increases and high levels of light generation.
    Once you reach the highest levels you can use a special crafting station to power up the lower-level types of armor to bring them up to comparable levels, with their particular quirks intact. (IE stone armor type with stats scaled to endgame levels)
    That way, if one of the armor type's perks appeal to you, you don't have to abandon it once you reach the endgame.

That is a cool ship.
    To answer your question, It's sort of an octopi/octopuses situation, there isn't really a wrong way to call them. You can say geode, you can say geodes, you can say geodine, they don't really care. Just as long as you don't call them dirt.

9. DMMWolf

DMMWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Throwaway I am thinking of Running your Geodes on our upcoming server with this ship as theirs. PLEASE whatever you do keep working on them. They have a lot of Potential. I look forward to seeing what they say with the investigation tool.

10. Freedom92

Freedom92 Void-Bound Voyager

I have not had the chance, just moved(again :D) but definitely will look into it once my systems back up. Also curious how the Avians would react to Geodes since they hold crystals sacred right?

11. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

LOL. I can just image one being mistaken for a forgotten god :rofl:.

12. Fullapple1991

Fullapple1991 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What's the name of the "folder" you use for the ship? I wanted to play this with the Costume ships mod, and it gave me a avian ship... :<

13. Throwaway

Throwaway updated Geode Race with a new update entry:

3rd tier + minor fluff

Read the rest of this update entry...

rhomboid likes this.
  14. Voluteiring

Voluteiring Void-Bound Voyager

Can't wait for this race to get more updates,i really wanna see more of this neat idea and hope you keep working on it!

15. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

16. maxwellpaultherock

maxwellpaultherock Void-Bound Voyager

what do i extract it with 7 zip wont work

17. Throwaway

If you've gotten the geode.modpak out of the .zip folder you shouldn't have to do anything other than drop it into your mods folder.
    If you're talking about unpacking the file I'd rather you not, but there are tools available if you look for them.
    If this doesn't fix your problem please post back and I'll try to help you work it out.

18. Maxiplayer

Maxiplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    This race is totally amazing, but do you think about add more info and link and image for overview yet? People have to know what this race has before download.
    Good race, good adventure.

19. Throwaway

Yeah, I really ought to. I wanted to wait until I had finished their ship to start taking pictures, but I've gotten kind of burned out with Starbound at the moment. I was hoping to wait for the next stable update before I started up again, but who knows when that might be. I'll try to get back at it, though.
    Thanks for your enthusiasm. :)

20. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

This race looks fantastic. Very unique. I hope to see an update for Upbeat Giraffe soon!

siegeseya likes this.