1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Gauntlets for fist combat?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by D.M.G., Mar 28, 2017.

1. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

So before anything, let's precise I'm talking about real combats. with real gauntlets.
    So I was wondering if it seems like a viable solution to use them in combat like I said in the title

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Well... there are gauntlets in this game actually, they are indeed used for combat! except mine though, I use them to break falling speed because they swoosh around and woosh into things... but I am sure you can kill stuff with them. Also you have to murder your mouse everytime you do it because it does not auto attack on hold. At least not last time I checked.

3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Yeah, you have to murder your mouse with a flurry of clicks. But, they're pretty good against anything that's not a boss.

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Naaaah, I was talking about real gauntlets in real combat x'D
    Like in LARP

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

As a real weapon? No. They are not practical. They are intended to protect your hands, that is it. They are not weapons.

Trying to fight with them would be tiring and your punches would be slow and easy to counter. Your reach is as far as your arms are, where as literally any other weapon has superiority over.

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Hmmm..
    Tho, with the impact...
    Heh, maybe in last resort?

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Well, as a last resort, anything can be a weapon. Gauntlets would provide some added weight to your punches, and keep you from hurting yourself, but in the end, the energy drain from it would make it just impractical to be a "weapon" outright. Unless you had sharp edges or spikes on them, but still, there are better options.

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I see...

Welp, thanks for the advices :3

9. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still, i think that fist combat can be fun in games like Starbound but they really need more power; Even giant metal gauntlet like the SuperNovas are not enought powerful.

Well atleast it is my opinion

10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

And the sad part is, I can't modify their stats via JSON coding ;^;

11. Sir_Djak

Rest in rip peace sweet ripeace rest in peperonnies
    Fists stats
    2016-2016

12. Sir_Djak

100% you wanted to do some kind of super sonic gloves or explosives punches :disshappy:

D.M.G. likes this.
  13. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Nope, just wanted to get them to do a lil' bit more damage :wut:
    Tho, I'd like to make banana-launching gauntlets :D