1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game won't open

Discussion in 'Support' started by Victryus, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Victryus

Victryus Intergalactic Tourist

So I went to open Stardew via Steam for the first time in a few months today and the game won't open. It gets stuck on the screen I attached the picture of. I have Windows 10, verified the cache files, and have even installed and reinstalled the game, but nothing has worked. Plus the mouse and keyboard aren't being recognized when the game tries to open. Help!

Attached Files:

• Rexje

Rexje Star Wrangler

Unfortunately, it'll be some guessing and missing to figure out what the problem is, because we don't seem to have a crash log to go on. :(

Is your game modded? Stardew Valley was updated in October 2016; if it's been a few months since you played, the game files may have incompatibly changed. If this is the case, then try the following:
      1. Uninstall Stardew Valley.
      2. Move the "Stardew Valley" install folder (if it still exists) to somewhere else (e.g. your desktop).
      3. Install Stardew Valley through Steam.
      If this appears to work, then you'll have to check for updated versions of any mods you want to keep.

If your game is not modded, then then you can try something that still isn't too invasive:
      In the "Stardew Valley" folder, you'll find a "_CommonRedist" folder, with "DotNet" and "XNA". These were installed the first time you ran SV, but they may have gotten jinxed over the months. Try running the two installers you find inside. Reboot the computer after installing them.

If this doesn't work, we will need some more information.
      • Is the fish in the logo wobbling/moving, or is it stuck?
      • You mentioned the game doesn't recognize your mouse and keyboard. Do you mean that moving the mouse doesn't move the pointer? Or that pressing buttons/keys doesn't seem to do anything?
      Hope you can get back to playing again soon!