1. Lose your pre-order key? Try using Humble's key resender. Also, please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/help/

Bug/Issue Game performance (Lags)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cat_Fuzz, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Setarian

Setarian Space Hobo

Add me to the list, bought the game a week ago and it runs at 30 fps at best, 7-14 if I'm near any NPCs such as the ark.

Win 10
    Intel i5-3230m 2.6
    8g ram
    Radeon hd 7650m 4gb ram

Disappointing. It's such a great game, but it seems like an unacceptable chunk of the player base experiences this problem, or similar issues

2. Ogninja84

Ogninja84 Space Hobo

Sounds like I'm not the only one having this problem! Turning off vsync in game got rid of the flashing screen, but now the screen tearing is constant! Any kind of help would be great

Win 10
    Intel I5-4460 3.2ghz
    16g ram
    AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Really want to be able to play this game!

3. Slavyanin

Slavyanin Orbital Explorer

Last unstable version
    1920x1080 zoom x2 34FPS in Outpost near Tech Terminal
    1680x1050 zoomX3 47FPS in Outpost near Tech Terminal

4. PotatoMaster

PotatoMaster Void-Bound Voyager

So many lag problems and devs can't fix them. I think this lag problem is a thing for like.. 3 years. RIP

5. CaptainTaz

CaptainTaz Star Wrangler

So I recently went to the ruin, and I found an interesting issue.

Breaking blocks and moving around worked in full time, but enemies were slow and extremely laggy. I think a lot of the lag stems from AI activity in entities, there's something that makes them hard for starbound to handle (especially seeing as the ruin is literally filled with enemies). My computer wasn't even taxed either, so its whatever Starbound gets allocated to it I think.

6. leracos

leracos Subatomic Cosmonaut

And here I go as well. Fine up until 1.3, now all of a sudden the crew on my ship (now christened the 'Lagship') are causing massive lag. By no means am I running an incapable system either.

AMD Phenom 3.8GHZ 8-Core
    16GB DDR 2400 RAM
    ASUS AMD X9 270 2GB GPU
    Running on RAID 0 SSD array, 2x120GB
    Win 10 Pro x64

All other areas work fine, it's just my 'Lagship.' I already fired and re-hired crew, and even without the max 12 crew the problem re-appears (worse than before even, it seems). V_V

7. redking256

redking256 Void-Bound Voyager

Also having really low fps and stutter problem both on ship and planet surface (Ship is like 15~30 fps while Planet surface is 20~50) since 1.3

i7-4720HQ 2.6ghz
    16gb RAM
    GTX 980m
    Win10 x64

8. LightNeZz

LightNeZz Space Hobo

I'm having low fps and stutters in Starbound multiplayer.

Specs: i7-2600 16GB RAM Asus R9 280X

Every game works without lag on my computer except this one.

9. CCal

CCal Space Hobo

Ryzen R1700 @ 3.2 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    GTX 1080
    Installed on SSD Evo 840

I am getting like 35-40 FPS at teh outpost at maxed zoomed out level.
    What the hell?? I thought I''ll get to enjoy constant 60 FPS after getting this new rig....

10. first_in_charge

first_in_charge Space Hobo

my pc:
    CPU = FX-6300
    GPU = R9 FURY NANO driver version = 17.5.2
    RAM = 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    windows 10 pro
    game version = 1.3

not that high end but should be enough for this game

before all there's no other game or heavy program opened and my pc is not overheating

the game is very unstable and running at low fps less than 20 in the mech 'battles' , i also tested it in a i5 4210U and 820M laptop running linux and it ran at 60 i the same situation,
    you guys seem incapable of helping!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  11. first_in_charge

first_in_charge Space Hobo

one way to get better performance is using Linux but i don't have the numbers to show cause my steam overlay was making the game crash

12. leracos

leracos Subatomic Cosmonaut

All due respect, but this isn't a solution. It's a workaround.
    I think I speak for everyone here when I say we want a *solution*. None of us want to be forced to switch to another platform to play the game due to a problem that has either existed for a long time, or exists now because of the 1.3 update.