1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Game Data - Please help Collect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shrooblord, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Dear forum,

As you may or may not be aware of, the user okok111 recently created a Wiki for Risk of Rain. I have been looking around on it and have created a few pages myself since joining.
    (my most complete one so far is the one on HAN-D: http://riskofraingame.wikia.com/wiki/HAN-D )

However, there are some specifc stats and other things that we need help with collecting. I was hoping that some of you could be so kind to let us know what you know. We'll need any basic piece of information you have; for example:

• What is HAN-D's base attack damage?
    • Which stats get upgraded when he levels up?
    • How do Bitter Roots stack? Multiplicatively or additively (so 8% increase upon 8% increase, or 8%, 16%, 24% increase)?
    • How much base HP does a Lemurian have?
    • What are good synergies with Lensmaker's Glasses?
    These are types of questions you could think of when searching for stats. I'd be very happy if you could help us out in creating a solid Wiki.

Thank you very much.

PS
    I will be retouching various aspects of the Wiki. Of course you can edit it too, but I'll probably be playing around with formatting a lot so that it looks similar to the HAN-D page I created earlier. If you wish to add information yourself, you may want to keep to the templates provided and let me adapt them into this new style, or you could try to touch up your posts with formatting yourself. I'd like to see what people come up with, even if most additions will likely at one point be turned into one general style.

AbeX300 and Draken09 like this.
    • Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Not sure if this is totally accurate, but here are some level up stats:

Commando:
      +2 armor per level
      +32 health per level
      +3 damage per level
      Miner:
      +3 armor per level
      +34 health per level
      +3.2 damage per level
      +2.5% attack speed per level
      Bandit:
      +2 armor per level
      +34 health per level
      +4 damage per level
      +1.5% critical hit chance per level
      HAN-D
      +3 armor per level
      +44 health per level
      +3 damage per level

Source, though that was a few builds ago and things might have changed.

Wicked Ring and Harvester's Scythe synergize well with Lens-maker's Glasses.

• Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

How would I investigate base stats? Just seeing how much damage I do? What if enemies have armor? Do I try on more than one type? Do we know if damage is variable? (Say, +/- 15% from the base)

• Shrooblord

This is what I'm interested in finding out. Health is very easy to measure, because of the obvious HUD, but damage is something that needs checking. Especially because every basic attack seems to not hit consistently, but rather within a range (for example between 12-18 and not a constant 14).

Draken09 likes this.
          • Draken09

Okay then! If I focus on testing exclusively, I can probably get enough data for the base stats… it'll just need to be confirmed with each update.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would just like to mention that, normally, I'd gladly participate in any spading activity, but without beta access I'll have to join you a tad later (after release). Things of note:

1. I'm positive I saw base damage stats being posted by the devs somewhere around the forum, but can't find the post. I might be just imagining it though.
              2. If they're not expressly stated, remember that all skills within one character work as percentages of this character's base damage. The percentages are listed in the character selection screen. It would be immensely helpful to know if on-screen numbers are rounded up or down and whether damage is applied before or after rounding (wink-wink, hopoo).
              3. Monsters likely do have some kind of damage reduction, so to determine it you'd have to try different characters and mobs. I'd scrounge up a system of equations, but there might be easier ways.
              4. Don't forget that monsters get a stat boost every, if memory serves me, 90 seconds (please fact check).
              5. Every update might or might not make all prior spading work obsolete and/or irrelevant. Consider this before we start any data mining.

Shrooblord, Rawrquaza and Draken09 like this.
              • Draken09

I intend to do my base stat data mining at the very start of the run, and was already planning on testing on multiple enemies. But thanks particularly for the reminder about each move's damage multiplier!

• Shrooblord

Yes, very good point!

If anybody (else) wants to help me list all the Items in their correct Tiers, that'd be really helpful too.
                  Actually, just looking at the Item Log gave me an idea. Doesn't it work like this?
                  • Tier 1 items have a white border.
                  • Tier 2 items have a green border.
                  • Tier 3 items have a red border.
                  • Use items have an orange border.
                  • Special Boss drop items such as the Tentacle or Nematocyst Nozzle have a yellow border.

Rawrquaza and Draken09 like this.
                  • arcticwolf15

arcticwolf15 Phantasmal Quasar

This seems to be the case. In addition, secret items (and yes, they exist) have purple borders.

Draken09 likes this.
                    • Draken09

I have a small bit of data! HAN-D's base health is 120 (that was easy) and base attack is 10.5. But most importantly, at level one there was absolutely no variance in damage dealt. Immediately upon reaching level two, the numbers started having randomness (sometimes below what was dealt at level 1 and sometimes above), but every time I used hurt with HAN-D on a lemurian, I dealt exactly 19 damage. (And 42 with Forced Reassembly on lemurians.)

P.S. I just realized I forgot to confirm these numbers on different monsters, doing so now!

I have confirmed the damage on a jellyfish. It's the exact same. (Damage dealt)

• Shrooblord

Interesting. Maybe randomisation doesn't occur on any of the characters on the first level. This would be highly useful to find out!
                        Thanks - I have added the data to the Wiki now.

Draken09 likes this.
                        • Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

I actually asked about this a while back, and that's exactly how it works.
                          https://twitter.com/RiskofRain/status/327119659436486656

• Draken09

I'm trying to think what other base stats I should look for... I don't know how to measure the speed (Though I COULD try comparing to the monsters and their logs...), and I hope crit chance is a flat start! :(

Also, I don't think monsters have armor. If the monster logs have an enemy's speed but not armor, I would hope that's because there's no armor...

• Draken09

Another update! (Sorry for the double-post.) Turns out, HAN-D starts off with 2 armor! (The monster log says lemurians have 14 attack, but I was taking 12 damage with each hit.)

I might also edit this with the timing of the first monster power-up.

Monsters do seem to get their first power up 90 seconds in, but it only effects newly spawned baddies.

Shrooblord likes this.
                              • Shrooblord

You're doing superb work, Draken! I will edit the wiki accordingly. :)

Draken09 likes this.
                                • Draken09

It would seem like we have the data we need for HAN-D, so I just moved on to the Commando... Whose basic attack (Double Tap) dealt 5-8 damage at level 1... I took a small data set and did the math- his/her base damage is about 10. Also, Commando also starts with 2 armor. The miner has the same stats (except for health, obviously).

• needsomemiracle

Aaa-HA!
                                    Link to post: How does damage work in RoR?

This is from May 8, so it was true for version 0.30.0.0 and may have changed since. However, it looks like the deviation is still there, it's just centered not at 100% +/- 10% but rather at 90% +/- 10% of the skill damage.
                                    So if the wiki is up to date (it is, Shrooblord, right?), Commando's DT is 2 x 60%, and then 10 base gives us 2 x 6 max, so with the deviation applied we get 2 x 4.8~6.0.
                                    12 base damage yields 2 x 7.2, or 2 x 5.76~7.2 with deviation.

Well, none of those fit 2 x 5~8!

Things, at least one of which could be true:
                                    • Commando's base damage is neither 10 nor 12.
                                    • Deviation is not 90+/-10%.
                                    • Double Tap is not 2 x 60%.
                                    We require more Vespene gas data points. Draken, I'd appreciate if you made about 20 shots as a lv 1 Commando with no items (at the same kind of monster in the first 90 seconds, to rule out another possible variable) and posted the raw numbers here. No processing, just type what the game shows.

• Draken09

I'll admit, I had trouble following some of what you just said. Still, I"ll get the data. And to clarify (because I don't know if you understood what I did or not), I calculated the base damage off of a single shot. The equation I used was y = 0.6x. Where y = average damage of a single shot of DT at level 1 and under 90 seconds, and x = base damage. Also, the game's very own logs say that DT deals 2 x 60% damage (and has two shots).

• needsomemiracle

Ah, that clears things up. One data point won't do I'm afraid. We need more!

• Draken09

I didn't use one, but you're right, the more data the better.

EDIT: How about 43 points of data? I'll stuff it all in this spoiler...
                                          6 7 7 5 7 7 5 7 7 5 6 6 6 5 5 6 7 7 7 7 7 6 7 6 8 6 8 5 5 6 7 6 6 7 8 6 7 6 6 7 5 6 6.

I left out the critical hits, as we I do not yet know how they change damage values.