Modding Help Game crashing help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by rena228, Jan 20, 2017.

1. rena228

rena228 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having an issue with my starbound game. I have mods installed. I started a new character to play last night. Got the character through the opening mission and got onto the ship. I beamed down to the starting planet, ran around for a bit and then beamed back to my ship. At which time I logged off and went to bed. Went to play the game this morning and noticed many items in my inventory have turned into green generic item blocks. Tried to beam back down to the planet and the game just crashes. I have spent the whole day adding and removing mods to see if I can run down what is causing my game to crash with no luck. I am putting a link to my lasted past bin as follows http://pastebin.com/6SJWAcfX Any help with this conundrum would be most appreciated.

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Well you have a lot of errors likely from outdated mods, so one thing is make sure your manually installed mods are up to date. I don't "think" that's the main problem as you got an engine-side error there at the end.

From within Steam, right click on Starbound
    select Properties
    select the Local Files tab
    click on Verify integrity of game cache

3. rena228

rena228 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have done that verify files thing more than once today. So my other options would be? Remove all mods and readd them one by one?

Edit 1: so i was looking into the manually added mods thing you were talking about and apparently it may be the more critter's triage modpack that could be causing the issue. the actual more critters modpack has a post from someone with a similar issue to the one i am having, except that they are technically two different mods so i'm not completely sure on this one.

Edit 2: I found an outdated mod, and another that has been updated more recently. However, the character in question seems to be completely broken. I made a new character and everything seems to work fine on that character. Not much of a loss there as i had only started playing it last night. Still don't understand what happened to it though. Oh well the mysteries of modding games and not being a programmer.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017