1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. sylena

sylena Void-Bound Voyager

Snow i have a problem i created an account with my character Leilani Winterstar and i forgot the password so i created a second account my viera Myrina and added all of my other characters to my myrina account and now that i remembered the password to my first account that i made with my character Leilani Winterstar i want to put her on my Myrina account with the rest of my characters instead of haveing to switch accounts every time just ot play one character and i tried releasing the name while on the account but it kept saying it wasn't claimed and i tried logging in to it on my myrina account and it said it was claimed so i am wondering if you could wipe Leilani winterstar from the server list ill be on my character Myrina or on Fluttershy

2. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Done. You should be good to go.

In the future you have to wrap your name in quotation marks if it has a space in it.

/release "Leilani Winterstar"

3. bman772

bman772 Big Damn Hero

There's a problem I'm having. Whenever me or my RP partner try to open doors, it doesn't work. Rather than Opening and Closing, it solidifies and becomes... walk-through? I dunno. Then, if someone is a certain distance away, or is on their ship, they suddenly work. Its because of the new proxy I imagine. Broken blocks might just float there and not be pick-up-able, and there could be what looks like 20 enemies, but some are frozen and dont to anything, and the others just are working regularly...

Help?

4. Snowpup

This is already known and I've addressed it in an earlier post (the doors are concurrent with the stuck blocks.)

Every time someone connects a new thread of the proxy is created. For some reason the proxy is having issues updating certain entity states, probably due to a new or modified packet that has yet been updated completely. In any case I spent a few hours last night trying to track it down and am unable to find anything that would cause it. The creator will be gone until Monday and hopefully then we can work on tracking this down.

This bug includes anything that has to do with entity updates including but not limited to:
    • Dropping items being uncollectable/floating in mid air
    • Some or all broken blocks/tiles being uncollectable/floating in mid air
    • NPC's and monsters being frozen in mid air
    • Some player models being frozen/floating in mid-air even though they are no longer there
    • Wiring updates. (Wiring will still work, just not visually.)
    There is also an unrelated bug where one cannot warp to missions. I'm trying my best to fix this but it's also proving troublesome.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  5. Skerge2

Skerge2 Aquatic Astronaut

The proxy is unbearable. Please remove until it is fixed. Thank you.

6. LittleWolf

LittleWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Given the visual bugs stated, there are too many issues to properly RP or even build... I vote for a temporary removal of the proxy, if possible until the repair process is done?

7. Snowpup

Alright, due to demand the proxy will be disabled until these can be repaired.

Do note you will no longer login with your accounts, your planets are no longer protected and your bookmarks are gone (until it comes back; the data is all stored, it's not lost permanently).

8. hematophagous

hematophagous Void-Bound Voyager

I've been experiencing some crashes in Single-player mode after downloading the mods for this server. Maybe someone here can understand what's happening in the log? Here's the post in the bugs forum.

9. Snowpup

You can take Nerva's advice, however I highly doubt it's the mods causing it. Sounds like your universe.lock and universe.chunks file got corrupted. It's possible a mod caused it to corrupt at some point, but removing them now probably won't fix anything.

What I'd personally recommend is deleting your entire universe folder. If not that then at least deleting "universe.dat, universe.chunks, universe.lock, PlayerCodex.db {Codex deletion deletes all your current codex/quests}"

10. hematophagous

hematophagous Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the reply! I'll try this (and the other stuff replied in the thread).

11. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

I actually believe Black Glass is a vanilla Item.

12. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

Last I checked, it was.. was available through /admin ( which allowed creation of practically most things vanilla), and the Creative Mode Mod (which while it added a few things, granted access to every vanilla item in the game via spawner boxes)

13. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

i know kemono isn't part of the mod pack, but do you still allow it?

14. Geodeek

Geodeek Pangalactic Porcupine

Black glass is, in fact, a vanilla item. However, the Stained Glass mod also has a black glass item. The mod overwrites the vanilla blackglass.material with a slightly different config that changes the materialId. As such, the vanilla black glass points to a now non-existant material. It shouldn't be to difficult to fix though. Either renaming the moded blackglass.material file, changing the moded glass to use the materialId 110, or creating a patch for the vanilla one to point it to the moded materialId 455 should do the trick.

Also, hi! I've been interested in this server for a little while now, but the lack of world protection has kept me from hopping on. I'm curious though, how likely is it that your stuff will get wrecked? If it isn't all that bad, I may just take my chances.

15. iliekcats

iliekcats Orbital Explorer

Server crashed twice, wtf is happening? :wut:

16. iliekcats

iliekcats Orbital Explorer

Bug report!

[​IMG]

Stylish ceiling lamps only lights to the right.

Fix :
    Filename: Pixel Good Store SCL Addon V1.0/objects/lamps/okealamp4.object.patch

Ancient value :
    New Value :
    You should do a github, to track bugs and to permit people like me to send and pull bugs. ;)

17. KungenSam

KungenSam Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello Snowpup!

I've been playing for a week-ish on Furrybound, and I love the people there! It's a really nice place to hang out and talk and RP!
    There is something I would like to ask you, is there any way that you could transfer a specific planet to me? I'd really like to get my planet from the server to my SP universe since I've built a lot on it that I am really proud of!

Thanks!

18. Snowpup

]

As I said in PM preferably not. You will cause others to crash and appear invisible to everyone.

Nag the mod creator for permission for the server to use.

Heyo, I'll have to work on that fix some other time. This weekend I am moving and I'm going to have little time during the weeks.

Also world protection /will/ be r
    Sadly there's no easy way for me to grab your coordinates (exact coordinates, not just the 2 you enter into your starmap) without our proxy. Keep it safe until then, and then you'll have the ability to backup and download from our website!

19. sylena

sylena Void-Bound Voyager

hey snow why is the server down every time i try to connect with any of my characters it keeps timing out and i been waiting for like what seems like 30 minutes to an hour i just wanna know wha5 is going on cause i'm sure i'm not the only player that is wondering what happened

20. KungenSam

KungenSam Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great! Thanks a bunch! :D