1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

I've decided I'm not adding anything until the big update. There's already a lot to work on repairing when it happens, no need to add more.

That's A-okay. :D

2. Attloyden

Attloyden Void-Bound Voyager

Hopefully Lenneth Runo isn't gone for good.

3. Snowpup

Who what now?

4. Attloyden

Oh on the last page.
    and

My friend wrongly defended the modifying of mod files and it got him kinda mad. It was all really a misunderstanding and I did not tell him soon enough about it before he got all mad at him. Thus we are both no longer going to use edited modfiles anymore.

5. Aurian Runo

Aurian Runo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Keep hopeing all you want.. I am not gonna come back after that. Thanks I'll deal with being on a smaller server.. with people that are friends with me and I help mod for then to come back around here and deal with people basicly either trolling furrys like me or all the constant bickering I sometimes start to see.. That was the final straw that happened.. I'm not going to be coming back

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  6. MostUnclean

MostUnclean Space Hobo

ive been having a bit of trouble with teleporting down from my ship. this has happened twice now in the last week. Fafeman says its a glitch in the server specific to me. when I click teleport it starts the animation but the screen stays the same, just showing my ship. I cannot move, my character is invisible, I can open my inventory and any other window, I cant use items, I can use chat and the text just floats above where my head would be. ive tried relogging and redownloading the mods. ive tried moving to a different planet, however when I select one and click go, it uses fuel and the ship doesn't move. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. my username is MostUnclean.

7. Attloyden

Well if he is leaving I'm leaving. He was actually cool. Not like the server can hold it together anyway.

8. Aurian Runo

Aurian Runo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't jump to conclusions, I might stick around BUT if LG pulls that again.. well put it simple... I wont care

9. ACatCalledWolf

ACatCalledWolf Aquatic Astronaut

It will not happen again.

10. Henry Morrison

Henry Morrison Void-Bound Voyager

Well, I found something ocurring right now. The spawn moved to another planet, the old spawn is inaccesible and once you are there, you can't move your ship. Bookmarks are not working and /goto does not let you move to another planet. Using the Starmap doesn't seem to work either, but it still drains your Fuel.
    I used many characters and all of them (out of spawn) seem to work properly.

11. Attloyden

On the lighter side of things.. The old server is still up... rofl

12. Snowpup

I've no idea what's going on about this, but people please there need be no drama. It's tiring and a useless form of expression and we don't need any. If players are causing problems let me know and I'll help settle things alright? Nobody needs to go for silliness.

We're working on this now.

I've no idea how this is possible haha. They said they unplugged the hardware but whateva lol.

Edit: For those monitoring this thread for updates on our return we are back online. Come in and test, all should be well again. We're still analyzing the underlying cause of the command/world issues.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  13. itsapainfulworld

itsapainfulworld Yeah, You!

I would honestly suggest that if editing the mod files causes enough issue for you to want to lock them in .modpak format, that you do a closed/private distrobution of the conversion key used to turn them into .modpak, to individuals who you feel you can trust, for the purpose of assisting with debugging. Not that I know how the whole process works, of course, but that's my two cents.

Meanwhile, under the assumption that converting to .modpak DOES NOT change the way the mods work, and that it DOES NOT violate any person ToS you may have made regarding this pack of mods, I will be retaining my copies of the mods in their pre-modpak form from before this, for said purpose of attempting to trace errors when they pop up. I may not know how to fix any errors myself, but I'm capable to often tracing log files to a minor extent and discovering likely source files.

14. Snowpup

None of this is necessary. All modpaks are are zipped files of the mods in essence. They do not suppress errors your logs will show and function no differently than their folder counterpart. Connecting with changed mods of any sort brings issues, and I'd ask that isn't done. It's rarely anything massive, but it can cause crashes and lags.

One must remember Starbound is a very unstable Beta in terms of multiplayer experience. We must do what we can to alleviate that. Our mod pack is 100% functioning and there is no need to modify anything in it.

15. Henry Morrison

Henry Morrison Void-Bound Voyager

Forgot to properly thank you for the quick fix :D Thank you

16. jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I dont know what the problem is with the modpak files just extract them and repack them or merge your changes manually

17. Etcetera7

Etcetera7 Void-Bound Voyager

So...
    I joined, seemed pretty fun. Went to the spawn planet and tried talking to a Moogle.

My game imploded... and now I can't get on the server, I just keep getting timeout errors. what do ;_;

18. fafeman

fafeman Pangalactic Porcupine

ISSUES! Arhandeo Lav'arc's world got corrupted, and a couple of us(including me... AGAIN!) are glued to our ships like before with Spawn. The only command we can execute is /spawn, it seems.

19. Attloyden

Yeah, unable to warp or move at all last time I tried. Also I really wish Kazdra had more than tier 2armor. It's incomplete. And good to hear you're sticking around.

20. fafeman

fafeman Pangalactic Porcupine

Apparently Spawn's broken... again.