1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Fullscreen + borderless

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lobo, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

confirmed feature :up:

2. CrimsonWingzz

CrimsonWingzz Pangalactic Porcupine

nuff said. But I don't think that means it's a "confirmed feature"... It was pretty obvious that borderless fullscreen was going to be in Starbound.

3. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

I think this thread is part of an inside joke. :p

4. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

Doesn't he mean windowed+borderless?

5. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Yeah me too, jokes are usually funny though.

DevonDe likes this.
  6. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I think windowed is more of my style... but it's cool.

Quantum likes this.
  7. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Window mode does have it's perks for sure. My eyes suck so unless the game has a feature to change the font size without actually decreasing my resolution everything becomes way too small so most of the time I stick with smaller window resolutions anyways. If they do provide it though I crank that baby to '20 + Bold'. :p

8. Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

I think the advantage is that you can move the mouse out of the game without the game minimising and screwing up your desktop when it loses focus. One of the many reasons I prefer to play games in windowed mode and get annoyed when games default to standard "fullscreen"

carcrasher65 and Starsomar like this.
  9. Johan

Johan Phantasmal Quasar

ok.

10. I think he means a fullscreen mode and a borderless-windowed mode, but I have no idea. I've never seen a bordered-fullscreen. :p

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

I think he means the function of fullscreen with the ability to alt-tab without needing to minimize the game. Even in Starcraft II they call it 'Windowed (Fullscreen)' mode. This mode is particulary nice because it lets you choose the resolution for fullscreen but doesn't change the window size like in windowed mode. Not sure myself though Ordona is probably correct.

12. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

actually, some games have a "fake" fullscreen mode, wich is a borderless windowed mode that automatically adjusts to your monitor size and resolution. i think it could be considered as borderless fullscreen :rofl:
    not as good as real fullscreen performance-wise, but avoids visual glitches while alt-tabbing :up:

13. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Phantasmal Quasar

14. DonQuitto

DonQuitto Space Spelunker

Dont forget the FoV slider !

15. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

I can't WAIT until Tiy makes another small mention about something on his Twitter so I can make a thread about it too! Wee!

Lobo and Quantum like this.
  16. Miyuki

Miyuki Sandwich Man

Having a dual screen setup, I prefer playing non-fps games in windowed fullscreen / windowed borderless so that I can easily switch between screens without having to wait for main screen resyncing back and forth between desktop and the game. Not to mention how some games and programs in fullscreen mode resize the secondary monitor's resolution without asking and messes up open windows while at it.

Pyrii likes this.
  17. ImSoto

ImSoto Aquatic Astronaut

I feel like this needs to be bumped because this shoudl really be added D: