1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Fuel

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bandus, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Bandus

Bandus Big Damn Hero

It is my understanding that wood and coal are used as fuel for the spaceship. However it apparently costs 300 units per trip which seems pretty substantial. How are folks getting enough fuel to consistently go to other planets? is there other sources of fuel?

2. Kitty Khaos

Kitty Khaos Phantasmal Quasar

I have just been gathering wood and using that as fuel (though that may not be the best way). It seems coal gives a little more fuel, but gathering wood is VERY quick with an axe. I got about 300+ in a few minutes (also depends on how sparse trees are).

3. Delusions

Delusions Orbital Explorer

you can quickly gather the wood required. coals more of a gather as you find, and it comes into use later.

4. Mostlyjoe

Mostlyjoe Orbital Explorer

Find Uranium if you dig deep enough.

Iunchbox likes this.
  5. Starsy02

Starsy02 Tentacle Wrangler

Its only 300 pr trip to different Galaxies. To travel to a different planet in your planet cluster it costs 1 fuel. TO travel to a different Planet cluster its 100 Fuel. THat should make things a bit easier on you

6. Bandus

Bandus Big Damn Hero

Ah ha! That was what had me confused. That seems a lot more reasonable. Thank you!

7. Verranicus

Verranicus Big Damn Hero

I've honestly never had a shortage of wood or coal for fuel.