1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Yeah, it will go great with that biome. You know, you could do a mini candy biome that's Easter themed to (chocolate bunny, eggs). Heck you could do an entire Easter egg collectible thing.

I keep wanting a glowing white block, like the yellow and blue glow rock. Mostly for any building in cloud-like heavenly environments. Would like Marestone cobble, and Elder Stone cobblestone blocks at some point to.

2. andreyka909

andreyka909 Space Hobo

I have this issue when running dedicated server
    upload_2017-8-14_12-32-8.png

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

A couple of questions, if you'll indulge me:

1. Would you consider making it be possible to hook up the various tier 2 and higher crafting stations into the item network? Basically have them treat the item network like a player's inventory.

2. Why is there next to no solarium focused gear? The only one I've found is the solarium katana and was hoping for there to be armour and other weapons too but alas I have found none.

3. The aetherium armour seems out of place when compared to its weapons when it comes to its aesthetics, would it be too outlandish to request the armour textures/sprites be redone to correlate with the weapons or vice versa as is the theme with every other material type equipment?

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Star Paw

Star Paw Big Damn Hero

There's a scripting error in "recipes/crewcontracts/crewcontract_plur.recipe".

You shouldn't have a comma after { "item" : "yellowstim", "count" : 4 } otherwise it will throw an AssetException.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  7. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This morning I was playing Frackin' Universe, and doing some quests that involve making materials and bench upgrades, and after doing a few of these I came away with the question: "Why did I just do that?" Was it for the rewards that are given for quest completion?

Better armor, better weapons, new/improved buffs to take with me -- these are things I can relate to and work to get.

What I'm suggesting is that I don't see/know how these quest steps relate to the things I want.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

already fixed on git :)

Star Paw likes this.
  9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

to learn how to use the various stations, since inevitably everyone asks unless something is thrust at them to guide them through it. Trust me...I tried without it. But, through most of the quests, yes, you are getting unlocks as you go. New materials mean new unlocks, always. Do the bee line, and come away with tons of new craftables there. Do the booze one, same thing. Do the core FU quests and you are guided through pretty much every basic station and its core unlocks. Then, guided in other ways through progression in less obvious ways. Could it be streamlined? Sure. Is this a huge project with many cogs and priorities that are greater? Yep.

The goal was more or less to just get people to build things they might otherwise skip over, and to teach them how to obtain the core materials required in order to do...well, *everything* in FU. While rewards are sometimes low, or just pixels, it is more about getting access to new goods and equipment than just handing things to you. You are given regular rewards through the quests, though, and will have amassed many blueprints by the end (and some things obtainable nowhere else)

10. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Is there a guide somewhere that could help with FU's liquid system concerning pumps?

I've been experimenting for a few hours but can't seem to get it right. I've had some success with inlets and outlets but none with the pump and spout.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

It looks like there's an error with 5.4.282
    When attempting to launch, I get an error about a missing extraweaponupgradeanvil.png

13. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I find it hilariously ironic that the only race to have a non-hostile space dungeon encounter are the Florans...

14. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Actually no, I've encountered a non-hostile novakid space saloon in the form of an anomaly. Would be awesome if everyone turned hostile once you break an alcoholic drink.

We'll have ourselves a good ol' fashion bar brawl.

But yes the florans being a peaceful sort is not concurrent with their codices.

15. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I meant the FU-added dungeons, not vanilla content. Also, it's a shame those anomalies aren't persistent, because being able to kick back at the space bar after a hard day's work of exploring/universe saving would be so cool.

Minor bug report: The Raptor Nest container item is listed as a "Deed". It does not work as one. No matter how much I try to use it, I cannot hire a raptor for my crew. So disappointing. (J/k though, the description is incorrect.)

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Star Paw likes this.
  17. Kuuchan

Kuuchan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just wanted to let you know that with the latest version of FU (5.4.284), cooking kadavancactusjuice, kadavanmeatjuice, spicebol, and avikanmeal for the first time caused my game to crash with errors of the form "Exception caught in client main-loop (CollectionDatabaseException) Collectible 'avikanmeal' not found in collection 'cooking' Caused by: (MapException) Key 'avikanmeal' not found in Map::get()"

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

funny, I could have sworn I had instructions listed first thing on the Overview page for bug reports....So why aren't they being followed?

I mean, you pasted a section, fine. But that doesn't really help me now, does it? Cant see your mods listed or any other such data.

In any case, not getting the same crash here.

20. chadrickthekitsune

chadrickthekitsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

https://pastebin.com/JTuiKfBY

Edit - Added Entire Log

Problem with FU Bandits dungeon, Every Planet it tries to spawn on it immediatly sends to ship

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017