1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

if its the liquid causing the issue...its probably how its meant to behave. The only effects it causes now are:

"statusEffects" : [ "biomeairless", "biomepoisongas" ],

poison gas gets worse the windier it gets.

it will modify your movement based on your health remaining. It will also lower your power after a set time, to a maximum of 0.05 as the max debuff.

the other just means you need air.

2. adaxe

adaxe Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really don't think the liquid is the cause, because I even cannot swim properly in ordinary water on a strange sea planet.

As for poison gas in strange sea, I noticed that the "x-gas" effect provided by one of my crew totally blocks it. But as soon as that effect wore off, I was again poisoned by the gas, even with three set of Assassini Armor equipped, which should give me gas immunity.

Finally, I am a little bit confused that, if I delete the .world file of a planet , will the newly generated one be "new"? Just want to make sure that I didn't do the test on old planets generated by an outdated version.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

well, the effect in question uses this:

if status.statPositive("poisonStatusImmunity") or status.statPositive("gasImmunity") or world.type()=="unknown" then
    deactivateVisualEffects()
    self.usedIntro = nil
    effect.expire()
    end

meaning that if you have immunity to poison or gas, or are on your ship, it deactivates the effects and cancels the status. So, with gasImmunity you should be fine. However, it looks like the Assassini set doesnt have Poison immunity or Gas immunity at present. ill check on that.

edit: yea, its set bonuses were completely wrong. id forgotten to update the master sheet, and used that as my reference. Github has been updated with a fix for it.

not sure on the worldfile deletion. it *should*, though.

4. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

I'd like to point out an issue, more of a "Random number god!" annoyance than anything: On tier 3 (and some 4) planets which are not specifically the tier 5 irradiated planet Uranium ore is far to rare to be useful for anything. I couldn't even find enough on a tier 4 slime world to upgrade my EVA armor to the spacer set the uranium was so rare, I got tired of it and flew to a irradiated planet and quickly mined a bunch of radioactive soil just to get the uranium I needed.

Uranium ore on most planets is to rare to be usable.

5. LaughingAlex

Oh a question about the new resistance: Does it stack from say, both armor and augments/EPP? So say a person had minor resistance from armor and a tier 2 radiation protection pack, would that possibly protect from tier 3 radiation?

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes. That's how I designed it to work :) Much more malleable.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

noted. will increase spawns a bit.

8. adaxe

Could some tell me how to unlock Hellfire armor? On wiki it says Scorched Core, but the information seems outdated.

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Uranium, ain't that the green stuff? The same stuff you get out of extracting irradiated dirt that comes from Irradium Planets? lol.

10. LaughingAlex

Yes, the irradiated dirt on irradium planets give plenty of the stuff, but if your trying to make Spacer Armor and haven't gotten to durasteel yet you aren't going to have access to high-radiation protection, so cannot go to such a planet. Instead you'd be stuck on bogs, fungal and slime planets, but uranium doesn't seem to spawn on those planets(even though it says it does, I found like enough uranium for only 3 rods on a slime world). I ended up going up to durasteel(which only needs low-radiation protection) just to make a rad protection augment 2 just so I can get uranium to make a tier 3.4ish armor :p. Course when I get back to the game tomorrow I'll be going to planets to get madness protection.....should be fun :p.

11. LaughingAlex

That'd explain why my hazard suit and rad-protection 2 augment kept me alive on an irradiated world then...probably unless rad protection 2 augments are more effective than I thought.

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, in all fairness, there's nothing wrong with doing a few side-quests to open up stuff and there's always that chance that you will get a lucky find... with me, I tend to be pretty lucky at finding Chromatic Dirt on planets that have no radiation, lol. Easy Carbon!

I have seen radioactive dirt on planets that were not irradiated naturally, and yes, I abused the ever-living crap out of that stuff too.

See, all of these intricate inter-locking gates create a LOT of potential that you will find something interesting if you visit enough planets that you will go "HAH! Awesome!" when you find something like a Chromatic biome on a Forest planet.

Sure, you might need Durasteel to get any large amounts of Uranium, OR you might get lucky and find either the Uranium (from extracted blocks) or the Durasteel itself in a spot you wouldn't normally see it in.

And then you could take a whole different approach -- mine that crap out of asteroids lol. Instead of trying to beef up your rad protection for a Jungle planet for your Durasteel, try an Asteroid Field. In fact, I did this in a recent playthrough. I ran into a Chromatic Biome which allowed for an obscenely early Flightfire spear. I promptly hauled said Spear over to the nearest Asteroid Field that was jam-packed full of ore, anything from Zerchesium to Durasteel to Tungsten, and even some Aegisalt/Ferozium/Violium.

There were hostile enemies, but they were rare enough that I could either stay away from them, and build little boxes to keep my butt protected, or I could actually kill them and pop lots of bandaids to deal with the damage.

In that playthrough, I had hundreds of all vanilla ores and zerchesium.... not too long after getting my FTL repaired.

All because of a Chromatic Biome I found on one of the first Forest planets I touched down on, lol.

13. KubicSkull

KubicSkull Orbital Explorer

Are these all implemented? I can only see the old Heating EPP, and the Poison one is unlocked by what exactly?
    On a side note, Cooling EPP III requires Pyreite? Wouldn't Isogen be make more sense for something that's suposed to cool stuff down?
    And before I forget, a lot of the recipes that have been moved from the vanilla anvil/replicator to the armory only show up in the unfiltered list, if you filter it by category they are absent. Also there's something called an Alloy Shortspear, that judging by the look/material requirements it has should be rare instead of uncommon and share a name with the Masters range of melee weapons.
    Also, all of the Barrier type augments, when extracted from an EPP, turn into something called an "Extracted Augment" of Legendary quality, with 15k value. Those seem to give the same protection, but i haven't tested them. What do the Barrier augments even do, considering the EPP changes?
    Oh and the Feeding III (maybe I and II too) augment definitely doesn't work. FU already shortens the time it takes to empty a full hunger bar to around 10 minutes (it's 20 in vanilla, isn't it?) and the Feeding augments don't seem to affect that at all.
    Oh and some armors, when upgraded, have lesser stats: Chitin and Nautilus for example, lose damage when upgraded.

14. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

I think was supposed to post that in supports

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thats because it *is* outdated. You can look at the github and do a search there if you need to know its unlock. I ain't here to give everything away.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes, they are all implemented, and working, and showing up in the stations. Verified this already. The unlocks for poison are consicuously absent though, and easily fixed. Thanks.

No. I haven't decided on final recipes yet. Isogen and Pyreite are likely too high a tier.

Such as? No list makes this comment utterly worthless to me.

Wow. You're nitpicky. Or, and this is a big one, perhaps its name is *meant to be* alloy shortspear? Decent enough point on it matching the others in name and whatnot. Still Nitpicking.

they do the exact same thing as before. As for the extracted augments value: wasnt aware, and not concerned about pixels either way. I'll handle this when it matters. I have things that actually *matter* to fix, first.

I'm aware. It's already on my list of things to fix. Has been reported no less than a few times right here on these forums, in fact.

Yes. They do. And your point is? They also gain in other areas. They *always* jump to at least 1 tier higher. In some cases they switch "classes". This is not an error, or a bug. Look at the rest of the stats. Should be rather evident that they are different. Upgrade doesn't necessarily mean "stats are always higher" , but rather "a better version of the previous suit". Which they are.

some decent points here, but don't be so nitpicky. And cramming all that into one post ....ugh. That was a crap thing to wake up to. lol

17. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

i found the problem sayter it was caused by ur augs combined with vanilla one and after combining my game crashed to menu

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and thats why I think the Augment Combiner mod is a stupid idea to even bother using. You cant just jam 90 effects on a character at once and expect there to be no problems, dude. If used sparingly, sure...but most people that use it cram as many as they can into a single augment. Bad idea.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  19. adaxe

Could you inform me, is this bug really fixed now? I tried to swim in a strange sea, but still hit the ocean like a rocket. The planet is far from my starting one, so I suppose it was not generated before the bug fix, but I am not sure.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

just...travel to a new one in a new area and see what happens? It should be better now, but I can't confirm for certain as I haven't had the time to test it in depth, as its been just me doing all this stuff recently. The rest of the team have either moved on or are busy with life.