1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found a small oddity, not sure if intended or not. The wiring node on the "spout" object doesn't seem to actually accept items. The spout itself works if paired with a storage bridge, but can't be wired directly to an Item Transference Device.
    Also, Terramart still sells pet food, despite pets not eating food anymore. Does it have some other use?

Log attached, didn't seem to have anything relevant in it to me though.

Attached Files:

2. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

@sayter I'm having a mod conflict with FU, i think, something is preventing bees from spawning at all. rather than posting a bug report immediately since i'm thinking it's a mod conflict and i have several mods. i am asking "will you please take a look and see if you can figure out what it is caused by,?" before assuming you will. your help would be appreciated. tyvm

RESOVED--- wrong red flower needed the seed not the flower itself.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Eh, he can't "take a look" at anything unless he had your logs?

4. dualinfinities

dualinfinities Pangalactic Porcupine

and you can fairly easily check the logs yourself, since it's meant to be read by humans. just ctrl + F and use the find function to look for indicator terms like "error" or "missing asset" or "conflict" in the log.

5. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

6. Ramones_fan

i resolved it myself. me being derpy and not reading the quest right

7. Ramones_fan

and i've tried that and failed to find things because they were not logged. as i said in the previous post, i was asking if he was willing to do so knowing i thought it was a mod conflict not his mod itself. rather then getting him upset over another known conflict or the fact it had little to do with his mod. what i thought was a courtesy rather than just dumping the log file on him and saying it doesn't work, as it happened it was not reading the quest well enough.

8. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a quick question, regarding power in this mod. What the F&CK is wrong with it?
    First, batteries need a f%cking output, matching the total usage? That's stupid, but oh well. Screw it.
    But then, when output outmaches the need by like a 18, half of this shit still doesn't work? Like, what the hell?

Screens:
    [​IMG]
    Usage should be 42, the output is 60. Why Sifter and Centrifuge aren't working?

[​IMG]
    Maybe the wiring is screwed up?
    3 Solar panels (One tower) are wired to the dot.
    Every battery is wired to said dot.
    Output of all bateries is wired to the second dot.
    Then everything that requires power is wired to the second dot.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  9. Dymence

Dymence Yeah, You!

At the risk of making myself look stupid again...

Azun Armor gives Shadow Taint and Insanity immunity according to the item tooltip. I'm assuming 'Immune' means 100% resist. Went to an atropos world with Azun Armor equipped, still get the insanity debuff. Do I need more insanity resistance from somewhere? Or is it a bug?

Attatched logs anyhow: http://pastebin.com/e827zNdn

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

wha?

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

mostly the issue is that this is old power code, and it needs to be updated. to do so means gutting and rebuilding the entire core.

that said, battery output is *divided* per connected node. Its annoying as hell. Yes, we plan to correct it. No, I don't have an ETA. It does work, its just finicky. If you want *reliable* output, wire your larger machines direct to generators. Batteries are fantastic for things like Powder Sifters, or centrifuges. Things like the Arc Smelter however, are likely better on a closed circuit with a few specific devices.

sadly, im so swamped with coding other things I barely even recall my own wiring system at this point.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks. my build shows it as fine now. this one might not yet.

13. MrStrangerPL

At least it's on the board. Keep up the good work. Other than funky power problems, and screwed up Bees! quests, I'm really enjoying the mod. :D

Bout the Bees, tho.
    Quests aren't as clear, as they could be. I mean, one of the quests, states that I need to make Industrial centrifuge, right? Even better, it says I need golden glass for it. The thing is, I had no god damn clue, how to make Centrifuge in the first place, second, when I finally figured it out, turns out I don't need golden glass at all. It isn't useful in any way. I can make... Idk. Golden windows? Yay?
    If you could turn this sand into accual, useful glass tho...
    Back to the topic.
    Now, it states I need ani-mite dingy so my bees would stop dying. Thing is, again, that I have no clue on how to unlock it.
    Quest literally states:
    ,,Bruh. Yo bees be dyin. Make some Anti-Mite dingies.''
    I mean, thanks? How do I do this again? Oh, eff myself? Oh.. Right.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

we literally *just* changed thee golden sand bit in the last update, dude. quest info isnt updated to reflect the changes yet apparently. Also, you can turn it into golden glass....some people like decorating. You not liking it doesnt make them immediately useless :)

as for unlocks: yea, thats the point. You're meant to explore and figure out these things mostly on your own. FU doesn't hold your hand like a noob, unlike almost every game out there these days. You progress at exactly the pace you set, and not a bit more. This is part of the design goal :)

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. MrStrangerPL

Decorating. With sand, and golden glass blocks. Literally that's it. Useful af, amirite? You can paint regular glass orange, and boom. Similar result.

Bout the bees, I would be fine, but these little piles of pixels are entirely based on RNG. Half an hour it took me to find some facken arid bees, cause they're around 4 pixels big, and you need fucking 2 separate entities. Queen and Drone. They look almost exacly the same as any other facken bug, and the funiest part is, they MIGHT NOT even SPAWN on the planet you venture on.

Btw, theres really thin line, between clever design, and unnecessarily complicated bullshit.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

its not complicated. you whack the bee with the net. you catch the bee. sometimes that means hunting to find the bee. Arid bees always spawn on desert planets. Honey bees always spawn on Lush worlds. Flower bees often appear on them too.

additionally, bees is not technically my content. It has been adapted *into* FU, but was its own mod ages ago. We've gradually refined things, and might overhaul some bits and pieces in the near future. But since it is a sub-mod, and does *exactly* what it sets out to do, it hasn't been a concern.

also, I see no harm in having decorating objects in a game where much of the content is specifically designed for creating places to live with said decorations and doing interesting things with them.

18. MrStrangerPL

And then, there's like dozen more different bees out there. Jungle, solarium, godly, like wtf.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and how many pokemon are there? hundreds? Not seeing your point here at all.

You have many bee types, which you can then opt to crossbreed to get interesting rewards, up to and including ores that might otherwise be difficult to obtain for you or other fun things. As an optional sub-mod, it provides a lot of replayability.

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Arc Smelter: Wire multiple batteries up to the same Arc Smelter, just enough for its output. Way back in the day when it used to be 12u, I simply wired two 6u batteries up to it and it worked fine.

Wiring multiple items to one battery is kinda "eh", but then I never really saw a need to do that. Batteries are cheap and easy to make anyways.