1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Found something strange in the assets

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DraikNova, Jun 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

A zipline system. Yet it appears it was never implemented, given that it appears in both 1.2 and 1.3 assets, and I can find no information about it anywhere online, which is probably the weirdest part of it all, considering that pretty much everything else in Starbound has some notes regarding it online. Judging by the way it looks, it looks to be somewhat like a personal rail car, albeit using a suit rather than a handheld item. If anyone can find anything about when this was originally added to the assets or other info about it, please share.

2. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

Might be the old beta rail system. If I remember, those were platform-like blocks that the player could use a "skyrail" tech to ride along. Well, atleast thats what I think when you mention "suit ziplines".

The earliest I've known of the skyrail's existance is v.Angry Koala although you could probably check the version history on the wiki.

Im very sure it's the skyrail as searching up "starbound zipline" yields no results other than suggestions from 2013.

3. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, I think its leftovers from the old rail system that used the old skyrail tech.
    If not, maybe old assets from a previous idea of its implementation. After all, we went from a skyrail tech to the hook item to the tram system in addition we have today.