1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Food Question

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Constantinople, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just started playing the 1.0 game, and I have a question about food. While on a garden planet (survival mode), I picked up and ate some corn. However, the corn did not replenish either my health or my hunger meter. Is that a bug or does food need to be cooked before it refills you?

Thanks

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussion since it's not a technical issue with Starbound.

Also the Tutorial-prefix is for providing tutorials or workarounds for technical issues with Starbound in the support section.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

It gives you a well fed buff that slowly regenerate health, if I remember well

4. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did not get that buff, however, the canned food and other things such as cooked meat did replenish my hunger bar.

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

The only time you get a well fed is when hunger bar fills up completely, far as I know.

It is a little different when playing on casual; what I currently play on. When will just give the buffs the item itself offers. Not all food offers a hp regen. Some do other things by default, which is what you will see in casual play.

In survival it might be slightly different, but I do know the first line I said rings true. So you might have to eat more corn in that instance if you are playing survival. Canned food is something you can craft later on and a high tier food. Corn right off the stalk is the lowest tier of food.

Each tier of food gets better buffs and hunger nourishment. So the canned food will fill quite a bit of the hunger bar when eaten due to its' high tier. At least if I remember correctly. All I know for sure is food tiers, the deeper in the cooking it is, the better the buff. :nuruhappy:

6. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

uncooked food typically doesnt fill up your hunger bar very much. until you get a hoe+watering can and some seeds to start growing your own crops, id suggest making a bow or hunting spears to harvest meat and poultry from monsters, and cooking that