Fluid pumps and pipes

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by djifro, Jun 26, 2013.

1. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

I love how this comment will look in 1 month when I might have a teletubby as my profile pic.

2. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Do it, now.

BoboTheEpic likes this.
  3. BoboTheEpic

BoboTheEpic Big Damn Hero

The traps and random crap that could be devised with this kind of mechanic are ENDLESS! Personally, I'd use some kind of irradiated liquid if at all possible.

4. blobjim

blobjim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great idea!

5. morefire31

morefire31 Orbital Explorer

Would be nice to have a hydroponics system to grow food, I mean they grow without any water, that's cray

6. Kayzar

Kayzar Orbital Explorer

I really really want to be able to build an underwater base once I get my Hylotl armor of whatever tier lets me breath underwater (unless that got canned). And to do that I'll need a pump to remove water from the rooms. This would be amazing. Also some way of storing liquids would be cool as well.

7. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

AFAIK, it's still planned, but it's been removed for the time being, as this would make the game much harder to balance, Hylotl with underwater breathing, Avians with flight, Apex with their jumpiness, would all make tuning the game and weeding out bugs much harder.
    However, i'm guessing that by phase 2 of the beta, that stuff will be added in. So you'll have to wait, sorry. :(

8. Kayzar

Kayzar Orbital Explorer

I am more than happy to wait :) I thought that the way they were "balancing" it was making it so that the other races can unlock or acquire the other armor but it was just more difficult. Makes sense to put it off though, far more important things and I'm more than happy to just have differing looks and sounds.

Pseudoboss likes this.
  9. Ponti

Ponti Subatomic Cosmonaut

10. Rhadamanthos

Rhadamanthos Orbital Explorer

11. Hans Olo

Hans Olo Space Spelunker

I have so many ideas for stuff I could do with a pump :giggle::mwahaha:

12. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

Even though this thread is super ancient, this totally still needs to happen.