1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Floran Physiology?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ssj782, Nov 5, 2013.

1. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

florans rub butts to reproduce fyi

Cloudhopper likes this.
  2. Dreynguid

Dreynguid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Phew!, I'm not brave enouth yet to read all the big theories (plus I don't master english enouth to read easily ^^'). But I'll do it ! (Even if this thread is really old and a little asleep)

Just, I was saying to my-self : know how floran evolved is easier when we know the other species from their planet.
    Of course, we don't know a lot of thing. So should we imagine other animals wich followed a part of the floran evolution ? Or just wonder if there's other plant-like animals in floran's planet ? (Even extinct)

3. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Thats basicly the story from star trek: A advanced race explores the universe, discoveres they were alone, goes emo and then decided to seed life on a large number of worlds.

After aloot of time we have humanoids aliens that are remarkably similar yet still very different on a several worlds (those that didnt go extinct etc).

4. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

Huh. That is very similar to how us ponies reproduce by touching butts. Now i wonder if a Floran and a pony can get it on...

H-hey! Someone! Anyone out there knows how to draw!? Get on it!

5. Xisis007

Xisis007 Space Hobo

Being to lazy to read the other comments I'll add this, The Floran timeline is somewhere in the tribal stages. So that tells us that they are a new species. Humans being the oldest, then Apex, Novakid, Glitch, Hylotl, and then Floran. Hope it helps.

6. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Wait what? The Apex and Hylotl both seem way more advanced then humanity, so why would humanity be older?

Btw you cant realy use a alien races current stage in human evolution as a indication to culture age.

For example the glitch, they are at a medevial stage, but thats only becuse they are controlled by a hive mind and that hive mind has a glitch in its programming, they might have been stuck at said medevial level for thousands of years.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014