1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

First Impresion.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Margrave16, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Margrave16

Margrave16 Master Chief

I want to start off by saying I love your game, and what you're trying to do.

It's got so much potential, but there are a few of minor things that get in the way. For me, at least. To name a few that I noticed immediately is the inability to set custom keybinds , the movement physics, and some things about monsters.

The movement is too floaty. It feels like everything has ice physics. A one or two block platform should be easy to stand and land on. It's not, it feels like you need at least four or five blocks wide to not slip right off.

Also the spawning of mobs is completely unbelievable and bogus. Not from a programming sense, but from an immersion sense. I seriously walked down an empty cave, turned around thirty seconds later, went back and there were three mobs obviously spawned from nowhere. It breaks immersion, it's unfair, and it doesn't make sense.

I don't mean to sound harsh. =[ Our feedback is what you wanted though, so there's mine. =p