Dev Blog Final Approach to 1.0

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by SamuriFerret, Apr 3, 2016.

1. envoy2D

envoy2D Scruffy Nerf-Herder

judging from early access updates since release and stuff i've read about it recently, i'm hopeful we'll get 1.0 in 5-6 months, but it's perfectly possible it won't arrive until next year.

they may totally surprise us and release it earlier, but such thoughts can drive a man insane :nuruconfused:

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I personally would prefer them to release later than July, as that means more time for refinement and possibly publicity... After all, they have to earn their "15 minutes of fame" for a second time...

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I... dont see that happening... you are asking for Trumpt levels of strangeness

4. Jareix Cryvix

You mean re-earning public interest or working to August?

5. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

releasing! considering all the work that has been teased plus whatever they have kept as a surprise, I would predict that the release will be at least 2 months away! but who knows, maybe they ll prove me wrong.

6. Jareix Cryvix

Hey, I'm patient... If they release by October, fine by me... December may be taking a bit too far though...

7. envoy2D

envoy2D Scruffy Nerf-Herder

dude, we've been waiting since 2013 :rofl:

Corraidhín, Skelozard1 and Ceois like this.
  8. Ceois

Ceois Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Exactly my thoughts :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9. Jareix Cryvix

And I can wait a little longer... Look how long we waited for DOOM, and how well that turned out! Over a decade of development hell, and look at the turnout...

DragonsForce likes this.
  10. universaldilettant

universaldilettant Aquatic Astronaut

If we won't get any release date, can we at least know which things are in the making. Are there a lot of points on the to do list, are there only a few? Which things need to be done?

11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I assume you dont read anything at all then, the Dev Blog is where they tell us what has been made, is in the makings, and might be added or changed for the final game. Granted, the 28th Jun post was hardly informative, but an update nonetheless.

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

We could expect an update on the fluffalo, now joined by robot chickens, regular chickens, and the so-called mooshi.

Avarwen and pop-yotheweird like this.
  13. Chris1488

Chris1488 Phantasmal Quasar

I can't find the link, but didn't Tiy say in an AMA on Reddit that they were planning on releasing 1.0 by the end of July...?

14. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

"Aiming for", not "planning on". But yeah. In the same statement he also said that this could easily be delayed, depending on how the developement goes.

Jonesy and Kawa like this.
  15. Nesano

Nesano Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does this mean there's not gonna be a quest hub anymore?

16. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

How we can change the dificulty on a dedicated server?

17. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Not really, the Outpost is still a quest hub. It's just not a ton of random, incoherent quests anymore, but some single quests and a few questlines that all have useful effects on completion.

18. Germaine

Germaine Poptop Tamer

So what techs are available now in 1.0? Only the ones that can be upgraded at the outpost, or are there still other types of tech available? Why not let the player find secret techs that are unknown even to the scientist at the outpost. Honestly, i'm kind of missing the tech that enabled flying. Why not also add a jetpack tech or somethng similar to the game. In my opinion this is the most obvious idea people should come up with for a space exploring game like starbound. Also, please add back cluster grenadelaunchers, they were somuch fun. I found a shotgun with a shrapnel grenade, but it is low level and i'm sure there are non of them legendary with higher stats. It's also not asmuch fun as the cluster grenade launchers from angry koala. Greetings!

19. Jareix Cryvix

Keep hunting. I found a shotgun with cluster grenades. ;)

Germaine likes this.
  20. Germaine

Germaine Poptop Tamer

I'm glad to hear they're still in the game :p Do they deal a good amount of damage? And what quality is yours?