1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felins 3.9.1

Catgirls in Space!

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The "classic" felin clothing style involves many loose layers of a translucent material, adding up to a near-opaque. Those in construction tend towards sturdier materials, and classic armor often has a see-through layer or two on top. "Modern" felin style is some kind of Earth late 70s early 80s through the lens of a culture with no concept of "clothing meant only for men or women", often with some classic elements.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Normally, I'd remark that the felin don't wear underwear.

But correcting that would make this image unpostable on this forum, so I won't ;)

3. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's kinda cute. D'awww..

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Y'might want to put a few more words in there, friend. Also, I agree with voiditect.

5. voiditect

That is STILL adorable.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Hey, that's nice.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

For starters, you can consider the SB felin villages and towns. Lots of wood and pale bricks, low furniture, shaggy carpets. Remove the part where the buildings are raised -- that's specific to the mod because lol2D -- and add a heaping helping of neon AESTHETIC where it feels applicable. Also consider other games with felin representation: 1 2 3 4 (this is in the orbiting space station, as seen in the SB intro mod) and the background of 5.

Oh, and a lot of trees, re-planted if needed, and roof gardens for big cities (with more trees).

8. voiditect

what are the Felin from before Starbound? I still like them better in SB, judging by those pictures. Just look more fitting in Starbound.
    Seriously though, what IS that game?

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Made 'em in Daz Studio. I don't have Second Life and resent the very idea.

Especially since this one moderator at E621 removed one of my renders for being a "screenshot of Second Life" bitch it's raytraced! SL could only wish to look this good!
    A point and click adventure game. Think the old Sierra games like King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry and what have you, then think harder because I'm using that very same game engine.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Don't get ahead of yourself, amie. Consider making something more like Fallout's predecessor Wasteland instead.

(Also, consider learning to write better English. You're not the worst I've seen this month but that last post was kinda difficult.)

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

This very month. On this very forum. In a private conversation about mod help. I gave up when the topic drifted and communication broke down, they repeating back to me the exact opposite of what I just told them.

12. voiditect

oi, yeah. That must have been insulting.

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yes, yes it does. I'd go for Martaefhin myself.

Mira and Manae orbit Firrhna at about the same speed and distance, give or take, but not quite the same angle. In fact, Mira's orbit better matches Manae's ever since it was colonized -- a bit of a happy accident that was later finetuned when orbital science found out about it. The station, to some, counts as a third moon.

Felin have infravision, so they don't need moonlight to see at night.

Edit: Y'know, I never thought about it, but what if Mira and Manae have a fairly fast orbit? I'm not familiar with the terminology, but what if for example most of the day one is visible, then neither, then though most of the night the other is there? You'd see one, the other, or none in the sky together with the sun at day.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Are we talking about the same hemisphere here? I count literally five islands.

15. voiditect

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

This is hardly all.

The dotted line denotes the old cultural/linguistic border between the Greek-like and Japanese-like felin, speaking feavol and lāboru respectively. In modern times, there's just this odd blend with mostly just a mild accent and sometimes word choice to distinguish them.

The thicker dashed line is Tentacle Canyon, where The Desecrator surfaced.

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Map projections are FUN, especially when you can't tell which one is being used because lolnogrid.

In all seriousness though, I like to think that map is stretched and maybe missing a polar landmass or two. I've been looking for a way to make a proper, nice map...

(60% surface is water, circumference ~15% larger than Earth's, surface gravity 1.2g. Insignificant polar ice, as per my notes on my wiki.)

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

What's that tiny thing?

In other news, here's what I've been up to:
    [​IMG]
    Gotcha!

19. voiditect

We can read those signs now? Or is this a prank?

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Why would it be a prank? I'm not that evil.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Edit: *tsk!* Just realized the caption's wrong. That's what you get when you implement that shit at one AM.

Edit: there we go!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017