February 12 - Update Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Feb 12, 2015.

1. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just wanted to mention the crashes when crafting, but since that is done already... nice update! But you are sooo cruel - no more relaxing in the bed or sitting on a couch while crafting?! No more cheat... err, I mean clever access to chests through walls?! You are cruel indeed. :cry::giggle:

Corraidhín, Type1Ninja and Kawa like this.
  2. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah. No more tele-porta-potties.
    :cry:

3. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

Race specific storage! Sounds like a nice start to a potential race specific crafted furniture set(s).

NPCs wearing clothes on the ship. I can finally have a clothed crew. But curiosity doth pique me, will their clothes match? I mean I sometimes find it kinda weird to spawn a Glitch villager only to have their chest be from the Noble set whilst their pants from the Peasant set. I mean did he/she get mugged before popping up on my ship? >_>
    Tele-port-a-potty? Um... did you take a page from Deathspank? o_O;

4. Type1Ninja

... No.
    Although I could probably answer better if I knew what that was (don't enlighten me. Really, I'm ok ;)).

The joke is that you used to be able to create monster proof doors by placing bits of furniture on either side of a solid wall, then "sitting" in the one on the opposite wall. You were transported instantly through a physical wall, which was hilarious in and of itself.
    And, like everything else, it was infinitely better with toilets. :lickitung:

The reason they're called tele-porta-potties is because that was the best way I could find to mix toilet and teleport. :p

Snowpup likes this.
  5. Prammus

Prammus Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry Chucklefish, but I wholeheartedly object to this update. Who the hell wants clothed crew members? It's every person's dream to have naked people running around on their ship in the middle of space! I will protest by ripping off my clothes and standing in front of your headquarters. It is then you will realize what you are depriving people of. FREEDOM!

Snowpup and Mackinz like this.
  6. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

there was a "glitch?" where the Erchus horror was kill-able using weapons instead of the laser...
    i havent tried in a while, but when i used the OP items mod the sword was able to kill it in a few hits... so it should possible be kill-able in non modded...

7. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

>>Interacting with objects now requires the player have line of sight to them. This means that you cannot sit in chairs, flip switches, or use crafting stations through walls.

but i loved doing that :c part of my ships needs it!

>>Most beds allow players to sleep more comfortably, without armor

... wait what?

8. Type1Ninja

I think perhaps that while it is technically kill-able in non-modded, it's health pool is probably so big that it is impractical. Perhaps both your OP Sword and the laser cannon just do enough damage to actually kill it. :p

For the first one:
    Yeah. :cry:
    For the second: I think that means you heal faster without armor on. That punctuation is weird.
    It's like the "let's eat grandma" thing, except that metadept actually said "let's eat grandma." :p

jonathonspy and Corraidhín like this.
  9. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really like my beauty-sleep
    relaxing, long and rather deep.
    So off goes helmet, shield and flail,
    plus clothing made of sturdy mail.
    What's left will raise the healings rating
    (while looking quite adulating)...

jonathonspy and Corraidhín like this.
  10. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Pretty sure it just means "Now armor doesn't show up when you sleep".
    y'know, sleeping with armor on is uncomfortable, so it just removes the graphic while you sleep, like it did in Koala.

Kittails likes this.
  11. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Also consider that a many armors can clip through the blanket sprite if they're not removed.

Kawa likes this.
  12. 暴走的南瓜

暴走的南瓜 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:kitten2:cool!!!wish more great updates.

13. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

I hope the better loot in micro dungeons also means more loot appearing, I mostly find empty containers inside them, When they do have loot it's normally just a few bits of stone and wood.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  14. WorkHorse

WorkHorse Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome, you guys rock!

15. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I got to it with just energy dash.
    You can energy dash while crouched.

If you don't have energy dash, you can very slowly wiggle through by crouching and moving rapidly.

Edit: Of course, you'll need climbing ropes to get to one of the levers.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  16. Zael

Zael Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would be nice if the game finally remembered window positions at all times.

17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

specially when exploring and finding chest after chest... obstructing view of your character and immediate surroundings, the default positioning should be reconsidered as well

Zael and Silent Strider like this.
  18. sid3aff3ct

sid3aff3ct Void-Bound Voyager

You guys are killing me, I've been searching the moon base with the morph ball and I've yet to find these locations.

19. keithriver

keithriver Yeah, You!

Fix the damn party UI for the love of gods! :zzz: And make the better one already!

20. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Going from my imperfect memory...
    One lever is above one of the little "base" places with a low stony ceiling above it, you have to crawl tight and go up above the base into the stony tunnel.
    One lever is under a bridge-like thing kinda near the end, the lever itself is very up and very in-the-dark from where you can get to it.

The secret room itself, which the levers unlock, is right before the boss fight. Inside the left wall. Free capture pod for your prize, and I think you don't need to damage the kitty.

Zael and sid3aff3ct like this.