February 12 - Update Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Feb 12, 2015.

1. 503geek

503geek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same for me. I was able to spawn one though and use it.

2. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rika doesn't have to kill them, she could move all the naked crew into a room for the others to find one day... For a surprise! Or you know... Age the meat for later. >,.>[DOUBLEPOST=1423765781][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There are 2 secret levers in the Mining Boss mission, once you find them, go into the 'secret' tunnel area, best to bring morphball tech and look everywhere.

ShadoRoboto and Rika like this.
  3. Jamantex

Jamantex Space Hobo

when we'll be able to save spawn points? D:

4. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

There are several underground minidungeons made up of Outpost tiles and furniture. Go digging around.

5. TO THE DEVS

I suspect a huge issue with the current Giraffe Update 2 protocol 668

For the first time in 1 Year hosting my server got suspended for "Sending external flood" and the technical support rebooted it in a secure mode, I have one last chance before a complete system format ....

Evidences there is something wrong with the last update

- the suspension happened ~5 min after installing the last update mentionned above
    - the server closed unexpectedly once like 30sec after starting
    - I have noticed a lag after connecting to try the new update , a very huge lag like never seen before
    - the service failed to restart normally, like it was locked sending a flood and not responding to stop or restart requests
    - I know to handle a linux dedicated, I set everything firewalled and chrooted so there is like 1% chance I did a wrong manipulation

I will leave my dedicated on secure mode, this update imo is very dangerous to install

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  6. DMPumuki

DMPumuki Void-Bound Voyager

7. Bronze Dog

Bronze Dog Starship Captain

What was the item ID? My efforts amounted to a pile of cubes.

EDIT: Nevermind. /spawnitem avianstoragelocker

8. About my suspension after starting up the new update , In case it helps below is my yearly bandwith usage, and the daily one that suspended me

I 'm not much than 40MB the max bandwith usage on a year period, while today I broke the record of a very huge amount right after starting up giraffe 2 update 668, the server was using 500MB usage for a few minutes see below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. 503geek

503geek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

/spawnitem [race]storagelocker

So for me it was avianstoragelocker

10. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Pangalactic Porcupine

Or not. It's perfectly possible to get it using the dash and climbing ropes.

(Which reminds me, I have to get there again. First time I got to the critter, only to miss tossing the capture pod...)

Apparently they forgot to include the file container.itemdescription in the folder interface\itemdescriptions . Make a minimod copying the file base.itemdescription as container.itemdescription and the crash goes away (though the storage size will be missing from item description in the crafting UI).

11. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

Now I feel stupid to not mention this as well ;)
    Guess there are "ocean" liquid blocks that have to be replaced first to not spawn new liquid? I have an underwater airlock (manual with placing blocks and removing the water with MM) I can collect the liquid and it wont return.

Thread on wired airlocks: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/building-underwater-on-ocean-planets.90279

12. Asotil

Asotil Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The development is real.

I'm anticipating so many awesome things coming now that the Starbound train is moving full speed!

13. Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

Has it been noted that in multiplayer when playing music it often glitches and makes others unable to hear it? I find that a real shame since it's one the things I like the most in Starbound.

14. Sketch2347

Sketch2347 Phantasmal Quasar

kinda, sorta, really wish, they would keep the sleeping animations, just take your armor off, a lot of people sleep with clothes on.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I don't think I quite got that. Could you maybe rephrase that for clarity? I mean, your armor basically is your clothes...

16. HyraxAttax

HyraxAttax Aquatic Astronaut

It's not just the new lockers - clicking any form of storage item in any crafting menu in the latest unstable crashes the game for me.

17. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Yep, just forgot that we (for some reason) have two different tooltip configurations for every item tooltip type. I'll fix it tomorrow, thanks for pointing it out!

18. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I have only three things to say.
    1. Thank you for fixing the Erchius Horror. The complaints were annoying.
    2. Thank you for fixing the bandage queuing thing. That killed me several times, a while ago; I got around it, but it was certainly annoying.
    3. YOU REMOVED MY TELE-PORTA-POTTIES
    Now I can't teleport through walls using toilets! :eek::eek::eek:
    :cry::cry::cry:

... Can we have that interaction-through-walls thing back, even if its just for toilets? Or can someone mod it in? :(

MysticMalevolence and Kawa like this.
  19. Assaf

Assaf Void-Bound Voyager

Nice, thanks for the update.

20. _Q_

_Q_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any news on when all biomes will be available on all difficulty levels of planets ?