February 12 - Update Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Feb 12, 2015.

1. dilleo

dilleo Starship Captain

Making back items unstackable instead of making all other vanity items stackable devspls

Kittails likes this.
  2. You have my attention now

Yelneh likes this.
  3. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Brilliant! The only bug out of that i encountered was that Erchius Horror bug, nice to see that's being fixed.
    And also, does that mean those outpost minidungeons will actually contain stuffs? then there would be a reason to dig to them

4. ShadoRoboto

ShadoRoboto Void-Bound Voyager

Is the Cat AI the eq. of Mojang's jest on constantly removing Herobrine, or is there actual cats I have yet to find?

Pingeh likes this.
  5. Ignify

Ignify Phantasmal Quasar

I greatly appreciate all of these bug fixes; thanks for passing the comb through the hair and applying anti-bug gel! I especially appreciate the better loot in containers, because the rewards for finding the microdungeons have just been meager items. This definitely beats just finding them for building material supplying purposes! I also really love the sound fix for returning to visibility! That one has been bugging me since a few months ago when I was working on a tech. :D

6. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yep, you can find it in the Erchius mission, you need a morphball tech, though

7. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

So far, plantmatter block and pile of eyes block glitch completely, like in old SNES games. And again, where did you get the outpost blocks? Via console commands?

8. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

I was already able to close containers by walking away from them.

9. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

Awww..I wil miss old blink tech. Now we need invisibility tech that won't prevent enemies from detecting and attacking us.

Got it,huh? Devs?
    I mean blinking outside the ship could result in death. At least this solves the problem and does not require to nerf useful thing.
    But why the hell somebody would try to blink outside the ship? Ah, to hell this. People will always do stupid things regardless of anything.

PS And my regards to that "traumatic - press down to die- suicidal device" called Grappling Hook.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  10. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

I have been desperate for better bridge layouts since the expanded ships first appeared. In the future i'd like to see ships that actually need crew (perhaps with NPC spawners?) because it gets kind of ridiculous how one person can run a giant ship without any help and/or maintenance needed.

Freakscar likes this.
  11. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

And no toggle for enabling the combat music? Seriously?

12. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

"Back items are no longer stackable (for consistency with other armor types"

Can someone explain this? I didn't know back items were stackable... ?

13. Mandroo

Mandroo Subatomic Cosmonaut

Game crashes whenever I click on the hunting bow in my crafting table. No error, just closes.

14. 503geek

503geek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it would be awesome if, on ocean planets, you could build into the ocean and take the water out with the MM - apparently you can't even if you box in the water?

2015-02-12_00001.jpg

Edit: it is possible and there's a guide on it! Needs an airlock for one thing. Will post link later when I find it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  15. guyverlord

guyverlord Big Damn Hero

It'll be great to have this back in the game.

*Sigh* Probably going to have to create a character of each race just to get the whole set. Curse my item collecting predilections. ;)

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Or just /spawnitem XXXstoragelocker...

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  17. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

"Back items" refers to things the character wears on his back (back slot): Capes, Backpacks, Magic Scroll, ... at least the all seeing cape could be stacked.[DOUBLEPOST=1423764132][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You have to fill the background tiles, then it is possible. Even in magma oceans!
    Starbound_Untergrundstation_Magma_cut.jpg
    (latest stable)

18. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Question to @metadept

How much chance there is that this update will reset our planets once it goes Stable? Because I've already built a gigantic base, and I don't want to lose it all.....

Will this update be safe?

19. 503geek

503geek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No luck, I've tried various backgrounds and barrier combinations and I can see that the water behaves differently depending on the background, but I haven't been able to get it to drain or be able to remove it with the MM - I can collect the water, but I can't get the water level to go down no matter what I do with the background, it raises back to a certain level... maybe a bug in my client or on this planet, I dunno. I'll try another planet when I have a min.

Edit: figured out what I consider to be sort of a hack (though admittedly feeling stupid for not trying it). If I fill in the area with dirt and then remove the dirt the water is gone and I can make an underwater base. Thanks nimmerland for making me persist :)

20. Bronze Dog

Bronze Dog Starship Captain

Saw the storage lockers mentioned, so I booted up Unstable and attempted to craft some. Game closed without giving me an error message or anything. I did find a log. Relevant part in the spoiler:

[12:10:47.612] Error: Exception caught loading asset: /interface/itemdescriptions/container.itemdescription, (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /interface/itemdescriptions/container.itemdescription
    StarException::StarException(string, exception)
    AssetException::AssetException(string, exception)
    _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadVariant(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
    Assets::processAssetData(function<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> ()>)
    Assets::loadVariant(String)
    Assets::loadAsset(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::doLoad(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::getAsset(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::variant(String)
    ItemTooltipBuilder::buildItemDescriptionInner(shared_ptr<Widget>, shared_ptr<Item>, String, String, String)
    ItemTooltipBuilder::buildItemDescription(shared_ptr<Widget>, shared_ptr<Item>, String, String)
    CraftingPane::update()
    PaneManager::update()
    MainInterface::update()
    ClientApplication::updateRunning()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Caused by: (AssetException) No such asset '/interface/itemdescriptions/container.itemdescription'
    AssetException::AssetException(string)
    Assets::read(String)
    Assets::readVariant(String)
    _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadVariant(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
    Assets::processAssetData(function<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> ()>)
    Assets::loadVariant(String)
    Assets::loadAsset(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::doLoad(Assets::AssetId)
    ItemTooltipBuilder::buildItemDescriptionInner(shared_ptr<Widget>, shared_ptr<Item>, String, String, String)
    ItemTooltipBuilder::buildItemDescription(shared_ptr<Widget>, shared_ptr<Item>, String, String)
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

[12:10:47.780] Error: Exception caught in client main-loop: (AssetException) Error loading asset /interface/itemdescriptions/container.itemdescription
    AssetException::AssetException(string)
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

[12:10:47.831] Info: UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    [12:10:47.844] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [12:10:49.166] Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Gatts' <1> (Fifo <0x210130e0>) disconnected
    [12:10:49.306] Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (FifoClosedException) Fifo::read called on closed Fifo
    [12:10:49.307] Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (FifoClosedException) Fifo::read called on closed Fifo
    [12:10:50.921] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [12:10:50.921] Info: Application quitting!
    [12:10:50.921] Info: Client shutdown gracefully
    [12:10:51.142] Info: Shutting down Star::Root

sid3aff3ct likes this.