1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Fatal Exception caught: std::exception: tinyformat: Not enough conversion specifiers in format strin

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by AvainAidan, Dec 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvainAidan

AvainAidan Orbital Explorer

My starbound keeps crashing while its loading and saying Fatal Exception caught: std::exception: tinyformat: Not enough conversion specifiers in format string. I've tried things and they didn't work. I had mods but deleted them when this problem began to happen. Please help!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. dancool57

dancool57 Void-Bound Voyager

Best Answer
    A character is corrupt so go to Starbound<Giraffe-Storage and create a copy of the players folder then delete the ones that share the same # till it loads.
    Then replace with ones that are none corrupt missing the one that fixed once you deleted it.
    Also multiple characters can be corrupt from this so if you pus it back and is corrupted remove it.

3. GoreyFeldman

GoreyFeldman Intergalactic Tourist

Got this too. Happened a couple of times. Last time, my character was gone.

4. AvainAidan

Do you know how to fix it?

5. dancool57

dancool57 Void-Bound Voyager

Best Answer
    A character is corrupt so go to Starbound<Giraffe-Storage and create a copy of the players folder then delete the ones that share the same # till it loads.
    Then replace with ones that are none corrupt missing the one that fixed once you deleted it.
    Also multiple characters can be corrupt from this so if you pus it back and is corrupted remove it.

6. AvainAidan

what do mean delete the ones that share the same number[DOUBLEPOST=1450487225][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind. It worked! Thank you so much!!!:):):confirm:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  7. rin_okumura016

rin_okumura016 Void-Bound Voyager

thx man your save my life mdr :nuruhype:

8. XFloraoX

XFloraoX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there an easier understand able way to do this?

9. flamecat

flamecat Void-Bound Voyager

What do you mean "share the same number"???

10. XFloraoX

XFloraoX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

eeh, dont worry 'bout it, bucko, apparently i had to delete all of my chars but dont worry, i got myself my old alihe back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.