1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Fatal Error: Access violation detected at 01021443

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nova12345, May 13, 2017.

1. Nova12345

Nova12345 Space Hobo

Hello, i am old in this community but uninstalled the game ages ago. Recently feeling the mood to play again it wont let me even load a game. i checked the specs and everything and it still wont let me join even in single player. I dont have the best computer in the world in fact its a bit crappy but i have played it before on it working beautifully. It shows a huge error message and crashes it instantly showing 1 to 21 error codes. I am truly confused, i have even tried running it as an administrator and still wont work. Can anyone help me?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

~ Iris ~

3. Nova12345

Nova12345 Space Hobo

Wow tht was fast..well i have 5 logs apparently so would you like the first one? I also tried and it says it doesn allow or support my extension starboundlog.1

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  4. Iris Blanche

The latest log may appear as only starbound because .log is a known extension to your os then.

~ Iris ~

5. Nova12345

Nova12345 Space Hobo

Oh okay, here you go

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

What are the specs of your machine? (CPU, Ram that stuff)

~ Iris ~

7. Nova12345

Nova12345 Space Hobo

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz 3.50 GHz
    4.00 GB (2.94 GB usable)
    32-bit Operating System

8. Iris Blanche

Whoa...:nurushock: This is a pretty old machine. Unfortunately it's too weak to run starbound poperly :nurusad:
    Since you only have 2GB RAM and an onboard video chip too you have not much vram (video memory). You will also suffer from the 32bit limitation when it comes to the story missions. The crashes your receive are most likely caused by your hardware being too old/weak.

~ Iris ~

9. Nova12345

Nova12345 Space Hobo

Yeah i know, haha, ive done it on here before beautifully , thank you very much, and i have 4 but around 3 is usable

Also i am looking for a new computer, and i was wondering if you could suggest as inexpensive of a laptop or desktop possible that would suffice for another great while, because this is beginning to not cut it....obliviously

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  10. Iris Blanche

No double posts please x) I merged your posts.

An inexpensive rig which will last for a while? It depends on what you want to do with the new machine though. Since you will probably need a complete whole system i'd suggest looking in a local pc store and asking there or taking a look on some online stores.

Regards
    Iris Blanche