RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Xuomi

Xuomi Aquatic Astronaut

@dooka Sorry, I forgot to clarify that. It does work. I use Item Collector and Barn Door Automation.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Aquatic Astronaut

@maddy99 @Pathoschild Sorry to ping both of you but I've run into a strange problem. I was testing the Mill and when I placed a stack of beets or wheat inside of a chest connected to it, they would all disappear. The Mill would not process them, but FarmAutomation says it's moving a stack of zero.
      Code:
      [07:56:03 DEBUG FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Starting search for connected locations at Farm
      [07:56:03 DEBUG FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Mill found and chest connected.  Processing input.
      [07:56:03 INFO  FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Mill input processed: 0 stacks moved.
      [07:56:03 DEBUG FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Mill found and chest connected.  Processing output.
      [07:56:03 INFO  FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] Mill output processed: 0 stacks moved.
      I had a wooden path connecting the input to the chest that was sitting at the Mill's output. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But after I place a stack of anything inside of the chest, it all disappears. It's completely empty when I look inside of it again, and the Mill isn't processing anything.

I don't think my error log will help because I didn't experience any errors, but I'll attach it anyway.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Existential Complex

@Xuomi That looks like a bug in ItemCollector, so you'll need @maddy99 for that one. :)

Xuomi likes this.
        • maddy99

maddy99 Starship Captain

Hopefully a silly question before I look too deeply at this, but are you checking the output the next day? It takes a day to process mill input and I don't see any day change events in that log.

Xuomi likes this.
          • Xuomi

Xuomi Aquatic Astronaut

@maddy99 This might be a goof on my part then. :V

I didn't think I needed to because the Mill didn't act like it had taken anything in (it stayed completely still, no movement or anything like every other object that's processing), and it took a full stack of 999 items and poofed them. I didn't think the Mill could take more than one item to process at a time... :oops:

Edit: Okay this was definitely an oops on me. It works, I was misled because the Mill didn't act like it would have if I had manually put in the stock, even after changing maps (and I've never actually made it to a point I could afford a Mill since I keep restarting with new maps and mods whoop).

Sorry!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017 at 2:39 PM
            • maddy99

maddy99 Starship Captain

Yeah, I don't do anything with the animation for buildings... Do they have animations? lol. I'll look into setting them appropriately so it's a little more obvious.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Aquatic Astronaut

@maddy99 Yes! The Mill has a wheel in the middle that turns when it's processing something. It stays still when it's not, which is what threw me off and made me think that the Mill wasn't working properly. When I put in beets or wheat manually it turns, but when the Mill pulls it from a chest, it doesn't. So I guess it sort of isn't working properly... but otherwise everything is fine. Maybe a notice saying the Mill doesn't actually animate would be fine enough for people like me.