1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

fantastic pets and where to find them

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Alezales, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Alezales

Alezales Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

Found this mini boss monster in a planet long ago, forgot where i got them. Was wondering if anyone else has any unique boss creatures like this and could let me know where you got them?

Also, we should be able to name our pets, seeing many of the procedural monsters dont have a name and are called "Pet" when captured.

2. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Funnily enough, those aren't actually boss monsters. Rather, they're a seldom-seen class of monster known as the Large Flying monster, and are literally the only procedurally generated monsters left in the game that still have and properly utilize ranged attacks. You'll encounter them as either the targets of NPC proc. genned quests, or by going up high into the planet's atmosphere. It's well worth grabbing one with a good ranged attack just because they have reasonable starting stats by default and are at least semi-competent at using their often quite powerful ranged moves.

That being said, I need to go grab pics of two of the ones I found sometime.