Family Sistem

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Sarzael, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Senshiro

Senshiro Void-Bound Voyager

Might I suggest babies or is it a bad idea?

2. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

You might!

Yep. Im ashamed of it. I should be on the grammar-jail until i learn to write perfectly with absolutely no ortographical faults in a language THAT ISNT MINE AT ALL!
    If i could just write on spanish ;_;
    Did you find the secret message?

3. Senshiro

Was thinking that in a hardcore mode, you have one life and if you died, your baby would grow up and take your place

Asrashas likes this.
  4. Blazerer

Blazerer Void-Bound Voyager

If you would write in Spanish, I couldn't enjoy all the awesome ideas.

I would like to see general affection/dislikes for one race to the other. Just have a race like 1 race a bit more, 1 race a bit less and be indifferent to the others.
    Furthermore the idea of a shop sounds like great fun and so do children, but then I'd like to see the need for medical equipment, baby rooms etc.

5. Royal Ragequit

Royal Ragequit Void-Bound Voyager

Not a bad idea. This might work.

6. Senshiro

Medical equipment and taking care of my kid would be a real pain 'cause I would have to collect all the stuff and wouldn't have any time for hunting and destroying planets. :poo:

7. Glenfield

Glenfield Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Took me forever to get married in that bloody game, day after day of giving them nearly half the money I earned on the farm.

8. EGadd

EGadd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lmao, so true

9. r9310

r9310 Astral Cartographer

I feel like nobody would buy things from my shop, but i also dont want my wife to die ;m; can there be a stay at home mother option? :p

also having family that consists of other players would be cool :D

10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Sounds ok, if a little too similar to the Skyrim system. At the very least, I like the idea of a friendship system that alters your relationship with npcs depending on your actions.

11. Asrashas

Asrashas Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well basically I like the system. But maybe good friends would not just sell you things at lower prices but would also offer more items to buy, much like the stuff with the factions in WoW (dunno if anyone here plays it, I don't but I have played and still get some input from still active friends).
    Another point is how marriage would work. Just having a shop where you get your share of money would just seem to useless for me. I would prefere if you could select items to sell, maybe from your stock. This might also be a good system to get rid of useless things.
    "You don't need your massive amount of stone you got while mining ores? Well we masons could need some atm."
    That just for the shop thing.
    What I don't see to be very immersive (at least for me) taking your mate with you Fighting and stuff.
    "Hey hon, I really love you. I don't know what I'd do if something happenes to you. But anyways lets go farming on that lvl 78 planet arround the corner lol." (Just did't use lvl 100 to not exeggerate)
    But anyways taking your mate with you on less dangerous tours would be very awesome. Spending one half of your life bulding a zoo-ish environment spanning one planet and the other half searching animals to fill it with your wife (on low danger planets of course!).
    And the last option: staying at home. Not much to say here.

12. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Whats wrong with your girlfriend/boyfriend not being able to fight and defend himself like you, or wanting to go with you and see the wonders of universe together???

13. LightHoof

LightHoof Pangalactic Porcupine

No sssssimsssssesssss in my ssssstarboundssssessss!!
    On the serious note - IMO friendship system should be devided from marriage and marriage left for RP purposes and between players only.

14. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

15. vALextreme

vALextreme Tentacle Wrangler

#Was thinking that in a hardcore mode, you have one life and if you died, your baby would grow up and take your place# Yeah that should be in the game if that sugget gonna be in the game!

16. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

That reminds me of a minecraft mod.

17. Chronometer

Chronometer Subatomic Cosmonaut

A marriage system sounds neat but the 1-100 thing sounds a little overused.
    Especially if it bounced around you doing specific tasks.

Also on the Skyrim note
    This

[​IMG]
    should be in the game

18. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Rather not have a family system.
    i wouldnt like to have sexual or asexual stuff in the game.
    this isn't the sims

19. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

They do share traits in that they re both sandbox though. And in a sandbox options like this are good.
    I mean, what do you lose if this gets added in the game? Nothing, you can just ignore it.
    What do you win if this gets added in the game? If you like the suggestion you will enjoy it.

Bearo and master1237 like this.
  20. Bearo

Bearo Contact!

This system is something I already dreamed should be in the game. It sounds alot like the Fable marriage system, where you marry through quest and friendship and then are able to open a shop and do other things.
    Here is how I think this type of system would help Starbound:
    - It would give more available quest.
    - It would give more reason to find villages to find who your looking for.
    -It would add more emersion and make the game feel like it has its own evolving story with you bonding with your character and others (Something terraria and minecraft never really had)

Now here is some ideas that could sculpt this mod:
    A friendship meter for npcs - not all npc's will give you quest, some are specific for race, and others are triggered randomly to improve variety.
    Marriage OR Best-Friendship could give you access to a spouse or Best friend npc who could follow you like a party member, possibly fight, stay in a house you designate for them, and go with you on your ship.
    The dialogue for a spouse or friend would change now and then and have variety depending on your characters status.

I think over all something like this could be implimented and would fit greatly for a sandbox game like starbound, for I feel this game has more emotion then games in this genre.