1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Fake news to keep us occupied

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Attack_Fish, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Renlou

Renlou Industrial Terraformer

Devs just released some info on the groundbreaking new feature that has never been implemented in the history of gamemaking. Your own fart recorded and shared via your character in-game. Just record your fart and upload it. Then just press F when playing and your character farts YOUR fart. ....yup, call me immature, i dont care

2. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Chucklefish Starbound press passed the gay marriage bill in starbound.

I would set it to ear-rape.

Renlou likes this.
  3. 0ptimistPrime

0ptimistPrime Big Damn Hero

Starbound Release date: May 22 for reasons said to be:

Tiy: Well, I think may 22 is the best date ever, well because

POTATO DAY

4. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Official Starbound release date
    December 24th, 1986.
    Congrats men. you just time traveled. Have fun on your G64s.

Solum, Star and Moon and DevonDe like this.
  5. WillingDoom

WillingDoom Void-Bound Voyager

New news: The Starbound team has taken away planets to travel to, This was done because a Developer stated: "I feel like there is so much space in the space, So we took away space to travel to, Now one world is all the player gets.

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The game will see the addition of hunger, temperature, thirst, diseases, defecation and sanity. Because it's now a survival game.

How did you even find this thread? It's been dead for two years.

Zuvaii, Dunto, ODST 4900 and 4 others like this.
  7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Looking through the first few pages, it's scary how many people said, "Starbound has been bought by EA."
    In other news, Chucklefish has released plans to turn Starbound into an online dating game. They're calling it "Matchbound." To create an account costs $9.99 a month. You must be twenty-one or older to play.

STCW262 likes this.
  8. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

The first post of this thread is really depressing in hindsight.

The Squid and demanrisu like this.
  9. I heard that Universal Studios is opening "Starbound: The Interactive Experience" at their themepark. All money used in it's construction comes form the pre-order stockpile (what's left after they bought the island), And it's actually constructed from a physical representation of the 'broken promises' the Devs made.

10. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

Andrew Hussioe Bought starbound in a lawsuit. The lawsuit goes to Hussie himself. The Totem Lathe update CONFIRMED.

Auraknight likes this.
  11. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

wait. when did Electronic Arts-Bethesda EU and Microsoft Japan sign an agreement to develop Starbound further and faster?
    more-over, there was something about bringing it to real life??

... i just Knew they were developing tentacle monsters!

12. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Now you can get an alternate translator to understand what the Agarans are saying. Sadly, it doesn't mean that it works on other species, so don't expect normal dialogue.
    Now characters react differently depending on what you have been doing, but the ending is chosen at the end of the game by an entity that wasn't mentioned at all, whose mere existence makes the first third of the game's plot pointless, who you never met, AND all the endings simply involve colorful explosions (Sadly, they are mere palette swaps).

13. Keeko

Keeko Void-Bound Voyager

Tiy just tweeted that the final boss will be Batman. Residing in his Batship, he dodges all of your attacks and never misses.

The Squid likes this.
  14. AComplexIbex

AComplexIbex Void-Bound Voyager

Fun Facts for NEW UPDATE (Coming Out Tomorrow):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There will now be customization options while upgrading your ship!

302 more types of planets will be added along with a whopping 2,034 creatures, and 8 more races!

Now there is no pixels as a currency, there is only Bitcoin!

All of this, and MORE, TOMORROW!

Png. for proof, kids. strbnd update.png ]

[DOUBLEPOST=1438723947][/DOUBLEPOST]I swear I would freak out if this was the case. :badger:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  15. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

NEWS FLASH:

Starbound Sold 8 Billion copies worldwide!

The developers had created Saiyans as a playable race after Fukkatsu no F DVD release! Also, if you pre-ordered, we will also bring a statue of your character in front of your house!

16. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Release date confirmed: 20th April 2180 (If you don't get it, 2*180)

17. Marcos Brinigh

Marcos Brinigh Void-Bound Voyager

I like the ideia of play tetris with space junk.

18. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

They finally decided to allow us to write our own codexes.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  19. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

You seen those pictures/descriptions of Forum Warriors? The dude who brought this thread back is a Thread-Necromancer. I know I'm replying a two-week old post, but that's peanuts compared to a thread that was dead for just a few months shy of two and a half years. My guess is some crazy searching on behalf of the reviver.

20. Entertaining threads can be timeless ^^