1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Factions?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bjorn, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bjorn

Bjorn Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will there be factions in the game?
    Like Horde vs. Alliance,
    And what is your opinion about factions in starbound?

2. gejiryu

gejiryu Big Damn Hero

Hopefully YES!, i like these things alot!

3. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alien vs alien vs alien vs alien vs alien vs alien vs alien vs alien vs alien vs alien vs alien vs alien......

4. Machiavelli

Machiavelli Aquatic Astronaut

Factions would be interesting but I think they might detract from the sandbox feel of the game, that might just be me so meh...

Besides if there were to be factions there would(hopefully) be 4+ because 1v1 faction wars are so boring.
    Stay classy.

5. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

i would love some factions, if you can't join all that gives the game more replayability :)

6. uigfnbxs

uigfnbxs Big Damn Hero

I would really like to have factions in this game. That would basically give the game more story to it. Lets say you land on a planey, there is a war between penguins and snowmen, you can pick a side to fight with and depending on that you can get other items that you would not have in the other faction/side.

7. pheonix1901

pheonix1901 Zero Gravity Genie

Clan wars!!!!!

8. Bjorn

Bjorn Subatomic Cosmonaut

Idd, Penguin , Snowman wars are always a good thing :up:

9. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

i'd love to see procedually generated intelligent races that form alliances where you can join and help to conquer planets. could be hard to implement though...

10. gejiryu

gejiryu Big Damn Hero

Reminds me of spore... good game...

11. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

vs penguins.

12. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

this made my day :rofl:

13. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I think it would take away from the sandbox feel if you got different items by being on one faction or the other.

Luke_H likes this.
  14. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

I agree. All items should be available to everyone.
    That is what is great about Sandbox games.

15. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

well, it was a good game in some ways, the problem was that the devs decided midway through the development that the target audience should be little children, thus the gameplay became dull and repetitive in the process.

16. gejiryu

gejiryu Big Damn Hero

^this, the project had so much possibilities man, customize EVERY SINGLE PART of your character is an awesome thing... anyway i could give 5/10 to spore.

17. Bill Gunn

Bill Gunn Orbital Explorer

I believe they talked about having certain groups of enemies working together during quests and missions, so I imagine a clan/faction system is very possible.
    I personally would love to see a reputation/standing system added where you can align yourself with certain aliens (or penguins). You could have representatives on your homeworld and then some of the threat 100 planets you went to would be friendly and some hostile based on who your allies are.

EDIT: In response to earlier posts, I think all weapons should be available regardless, assuming there are factions, there should be a way to switch factions to allow yourself access to all weapons.

18. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Robots vs Aliens vs Humans vs Lizards vs Penguins vs whatever else is a playable race.
    I doubt there will be anything like battlegrounds though.

19. FlameCascade

FlameCascade Subatomic Cosmonaut

Factions have always been an iffy thing for me. In this context, I could see it work, though.

20. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

Plants vs. Zombies...?
    *coughs*
    I'll just be quiet now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.