Extensive Hair Layering

Discussion in 'Other' started by IcyOrio, Jul 7, 2013.

1. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

I definitely support this idea, they do seem a tad limited at the moment imo.

2. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Interesting. Yes, as a Male of the Metalhead variety, I was a little off put by both the Female and Male Hairstyles. I am a bit disappointed in the lack of mid-to-long length hairstyles. Oh, and uh, Facial Hair. I think only one or two of the Male hair styles has Facial Hair slapped on for some reason. With what you're suggesting though, that could all change.

3. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

Exactly! Infact.. this could even open up the possibility for longer beards, mustaches and side burns... o.o

Ruin likes this.
  4. Shhmio

Shhmio Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I support this it looks amazing great work

5. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

Why thank you ^^

6. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I personally have layers in my own hair, and I think Starbound characters should be able to as well. Full support!

7. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

Full support for this! I would definitely like more customization options when it comes to hair-styles.
    maybe custom ones? :badpokerface:

8. Chalky

Chalky Void-Bound Voyager

That's a really good suggestion, and so easy to implement that they should probably just go ahead and do it.

Beards would be basically impossible to implement without it which would be a real shame.

9. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

How else do they expect us to be space vikings, horns? NONSENSE!

10. Aeon

Aeon Phantasmal Quasar

This is a very simply yet good idea, after all more customization is always a good thing.

11. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Icy you know I can't say no to you bro.

+1

12. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

Heh, thanks! :D Love the name. Maybe you can have an epic beard of this is implemented. I know I'd love being a space nord. :fusrodah:

13. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

Can i haz whitebeard moustache?

14. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

You can already have one; it just can't cover the body/shoulders/arms. But if you want a glorious mustache, such as King Bob-omb's, then this would need to be implemented.

15. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]

Like this?

Damuranashi likes this.
  16. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

Me likey

17. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

You could have a beard twice as amazing if you really wanted. :p
    Sadly it's not gonna happen unless this change is implemented. >~<

18. Ruban Crusade

Ruban Crusade Pangalactic Porcupine

I think this is more just for the look and feel. I'm not saying it's a bad idea or impossible to program, but from a programming perspective and from an animation perspective, when you layer things (like hair) you have to think about generalizing what you're displaying. If the hair is always on top, what happens if the figure's arms are straight up holding an item? What about big items. A lot of times these things make the idea of having hair past the neck and in the forefront a programming nightmare. It might be possible to make it look good and to work, but if it were to delay the game, I wouldn't think it was worth it. Just a programmer's perspective on why it might not be as simple as one would think.

Zayvion likes this.
  19. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

As I said, these features never have to be implemented into the Beta. As long as they get in at all.

20. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

The mushroom people only have 1 hairstyle! The rastafari style. I'm not complaining, Its effing amaizing, but more styles would be awesome!