Explorable moons

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Zeldo, Feb 26, 2012.

1. wowguyepic

wowguyepic Master Chief

I want to make a moon my home "planet" :cool::DD:ssssssssss:

xLyraHeartstringsx likes this.
  2. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

What doesn't mean that in other star systems we can find satellites bigger than Earth... who knows?

xLyraHeartstringsx likes this.
  3. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe we discover one bigger than Earth in our Starbound travel :cool:

Xirk1984 likes this.
  4. Twig Arcane Empires

Twig Arcane Empires Sandwich Man

5. Change568

Change568 Space Penguin Leader

Good idea seems a little boring though. would only be good as a mining hub IMO.

6. Fumpoli

Fumpoli Space Spelunker

moons should be generated based on the planed. exaple: if the planet is small, the moon with be even smaller.

7. JAGYOUARE

JAGYOUARE Phantasmal Quasar

I am fairly certain explorable moons are already in (or at leas going to be) the game. It was a while ago, but the first post showcasing the space navigation it showed that there was a gas giant you couldn't land on, but there were moons orbiting it and there may have been a possibility to land on it.

Edit: Found it!
    http://playstarbound.com/navigating-the-stars/

8. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

That's no moon...

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

This thread was actually made before moons were announced. It got necro'd a couple of months ago, after being dead for about a year.

Malcara likes this.
  10. BluPixelz

BluPixelz Aquatic Astronaut

I like this, hopefully all planets will have moons so the planet we start on we can build "moon bases"

11. Dahoga

Dahoga Phantasmal Quasar

Moons should open up the possibility for moon bases; they would have airlocks to keep you alive, otherwise you would need a space suit constantly.

12. OneOnlyDan

OneOnlyDan Cosmic Narwhal

From what I've heard this is already implemented, or at least at Chuckelfish's to-do list.

gun.png

Xirk1984 and Jonesy like this.
  13. DuskrunnerX

DuskrunnerX 2.7182818284590...

How about the moons have challenging vehicle courses in which, a player and their friends can work together or compete to get to beautiful vistas and areas of special significance to races such as some sort of sacred ritual area that contain rare recipes, treasure and information about a race or even vehicle modifications. I've been imagining I'm on a desert moon in a dune buggy jumping risky ravines and treacherous terrain.

14. Spertin

Spertin Big Damn Hero

YEEEEEEEEAAAH !! WE ARE EXPLORERS !!

Xirk1984 likes this.
  15. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

I hope moons will have the same level of variety as we see in planets, while less of them will probably have atmospheres than planets some planet sized moons should have atmospheres as well (for example Titan which is larger than the planet Mercury!)

16. theferdi265

theferdi265 Starship Captain

I think moons should be very very cold and should have little to no mobs.
    so cold, that it would be a challenge to survive there not because of mobs, but because of coldness

17. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero

We have been getting quiet alot of pictures of moons (most of which I can't find/dosen't work)... So... Yay. Moons.

18. mojoe4

mojoe4 Space Spelunker

yes that is cool

19. Zizou

Zizou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe you could be able to crash the moon into the planet below?

20. Ferrettomato

Ferrettomato Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really, anything in Starbound is bigger than Earth, considering Earth was destroyed by a giant tentacle monster before the events of the game. :whoop: