Exciting Post About Exciting Things

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Sanjet

Sanjet Orbital Explorer

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Assaf

Assaf Void-Bound Voyager

Cool man. Good luck.

3. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Yeah, I know that's a thing. But when you have to do it every single day because you opt in to the nightly updates, it gets kind of annoying.

And I'm lazy. That probably plays a pretty big part in the matter.

Zouleena likes this.
  4. roadrashh

roadrashh Void-Bound Voyager

Go on...

5. Chummier

Chummier Space Hobo

Hello, the noise for breaking something with the matter manipulator seems to have changed to this clinking noise with the patch today on nightly. I'd like to request that it please be reverted to it's previous sound, as this new one is not pleasant at all.

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

You sure you weren't mining in a protected area?

7. Chummier

Chummier Space Hobo

Yes I am sure, the noise is different from the one for trying to break protected blocks.

jonathonspy likes this.
  8. micromause

micromause Aquatic Astronaut

Please include improve performance of smelting! =) It uses way too much CPU (at least in the current stable) when you try to use more than one to bulk smelt... however if this was already fixed woohoo! =)

9. Colaymorak

Colaymorak Big Damn Hero

Well, last I checked smelting now uses a crafting window like the crafting table or the anvil, so probably fixed by now

10. wtfisit123

wtfisit123 Void-Bound Voyager

I have a suggestion with the teleportation/bookmarking dealio:

Recently I have been playing trove, and they have a system which allows you to craft a portal which takes you to the "world" that it was created on. Perhaps something like that would not only give planets more purpose, but the great expanse that is the persistent ship we now have too. You could have a designated portal room or something. This would mean having tones would take up space (or you could have a planet that houses the portals, and 1 portal to that planet... which would also be kind of cool), would take some materials and time and progression to create, and give a cool new reason to use some of those materials we've been stumbling upon. Perhaps portals to different biomes or danger levels cost different materials (so that they are impervious to their respective elements/inhabitants).

Axe Garian, greenRAM and Tamorr like this.
  11. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Report it. It's your duty as a Beta Tester. :up:

I'm having trouble remembering what Cooking Recipies i've made at least once looking for new Recipies & which not done at least one yet. Devs, please add Interface Power to the Cooking Table marking Recipies that have been crafted at least once! :pwease: (Oh, now that I think about it, think the Codex also still needs fixed in that it STILL never removes the 'New' Label off Entries after they're read as well.)

Oh, & I woulda swore I was told Temperature was offline... so I just today tried going to a magma or volcanic planet, one of the 2, & beamed down. I immediately started taking DoT damage. I think 'Very funny game, beaming me down onto a spiky thing.' I move while pulling out the MM to mine up the Spiky Thing... there's none there. Suddenly it dawns on me... THIS IS TEMPERATURE!!! EXTREME HEAT WARNING!!! Alas, as I think this i'm too late beaming back out cause as I had moved looking for the previously suspected spiky thing I had moved in front of Background & I couldn't get myself moved back out of it before too late, I dun roasted. Moral of story, Temperature IS in-game now & I dun missed my chance to explore this kinda planet without the appropriate protection &get away with it. Dang. :facepalm: (Oh, & of course a nuisance to lose my 30% Pixels, which I had a fair amount of, but I can deal with that. & yes i'm playing Casual, i'll never get to know what it's like to be an actual skilled player. We don't all get to be. :()

12. blobjim

blobjim Subatomic Cosmonaut

YES KEYBINDING GUI :iswydt::poke::DD:up::party::lickitung: LEFTIES REJOICE!!!!!!!

13. Entomoligist

Entomoligist Big Damn Hero

Yeah, awesome!
    Do as much as you can to make this game great!
    I just can't wait for pets and space combat! That'll be awesome![DOUBLEPOST=1420689675][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm a leftie! REJOICE! :rainbow:

blobjim likes this.
  14. Wildcat26

Wildcat26 Void-Bound Voyager

Does this mean we're finally gonna get an update on Steam that's not a nightly build thing?

15. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Very excited for parallax update!

16. Ravager

Ravager Title Not Found

Well, MY post isn't excited only because I'm worn out from having cavities drilled out of my teeth x.x; Good work though!

17. DoctorShaggy

DoctorShaggy Void-Bound Voyager

Well, darn! I got excited there for a minute. All this time I've been playing in windowed mode since that's the only way I can get my little teleporter script to work. Looks like it's still windowed mode for me x) Thanks for the info.

Oooh, now I just have to hope for a borderless windowed mode.

EDIT: This got me googling, and I found a program that forces Starbound into borderless window mode. ALL MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  18. Maxiplayer

Maxiplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    I hopefully you guys will fix the heavy chunk load in planet and dungeons. Not sure because of my computer or the game, but sometimes it crash my graphic card when i'm in a big dungeon. But hey, keep going!!

19. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

i got it too....
    it doesnt happen underwater though...

20. Fleder

Fleder Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh god, yes! :mwahaha: