Exciting Post About Exciting Things

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Yes keybinding please. I dislike having to reach across the keyboard to hit the I key to open my inventory!

I kinda prefer B for "bags".

Axe Garian, Royal_Starlord and Kawa like this.
  2. Rexxar_F3

Rexxar_F3 Space Spelunker

yhea, my pc simply exploted when i played about 10 hs, but when my new pc arrives, I ain't sleepin' boy!:headbanging:

3. Karoo

Karoo Big Damn Hero

i just want to put it out there that I liked the right click with bows, like you could choose to de-nock your arrow. of course if you have an alternate functionality you will be replacing it with, that would be great too, but making it the same as left click would be a disappointment

Kain Yusanagi and Axe Garian like this.
  4. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

5. orion1000

orion1000 Void-Bound Voyager

I think to complete a stable version, add a new tier (Tier 7) classes (Not sure if this is in the future plans of you)

Add a new star with their respective biomes ...
    (With their ores to tier 7 too)
    A new nanoskin, to endure high gravity planets (of the new star) that has huge and irregular planets, thus having high gravity.
    The amount of possibility of new types of planets, stars, minerals is practically endless, so I think this is no problem in the end.

But in fact, the first thing I thought when I saw the nanoskin was existence a nanoskin to endure high gravity, because for ourselves here in real life we know that in some planets (eg Super-earths) that can be so severe gravity that would limit life.
    Or severe as to a human being unable to do basic activities.

Good luck in the stable version!

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. enceos

enceos Subatomic Cosmonaut

Suggestion: Our Codex diary is a bit mess right now. If it was sorted by collections of tomes, we would have one more thing to aim in exploring: collecting all story books and being able to see if a tome is missing.

Blake81 likes this.
  7. Said this in the other thread, they haven't done any serious optimization passes, which will be happening later in Beta.

Blake81 likes this.
  8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's only minor, non-serious optimizations for now :)

9. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

I seriously would take any, even minimal optimalization. Now it drops from comfortable 25, to... idk. 1 fp2s? It can be annoying after a while. :(

10. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

All I can say is please add planet bookmarking before you release stable. I don't care how long it pushes it back. We've waited this long, we can wait longer.

Blake81 likes this.
  11. Anciendraak

Anciendraak Star Wrangler

New content, new fixed, new micro dungeons, new new new. :D

Odd thought just occurred; what if each race had their own individual way of upgrading their ship? Floran got their ships by reverse engineering other ships. What if your Floran found a crashed one? Would you be able to strip it for parts? Apex seem fairly organized - maybe you need to dock it and have clearance to get it upgraded. Then again this is coming from me and I'd like to be able to use the ship as a submarine to go through magma and poison ocean planets. :p

Blake81 and jonathonspy like this.
  12. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

The great thing is that stable updates are going to be far more common from here on out and Tyi said there will also be a through blog about why stable updates haven't been happening much until now.

Blake81 and Axe Garian like this.
  13. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Please, for the love of god, make absolute certain to fix that bug where chunks take forever to load, and you can't walk forward because of the invisible rectangular nothingness.

Fix that and I'll be insanely happy. It's all I need.

14. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

They will, they already spoke about it in the AMA they did recently, they can greatly improve performance and it's not really a worry, they just haven't got around to it.

15. DoctorShaggy

DoctorShaggy Void-Bound Voyager

Hooray for keybinding! Hopefully that 'll add the ability to bind the teleporter button to a key. It may seem small, but it bothered me enough to whip up an Autohotkey script just to press the button for me. (I'm lazy)

Keep up the great work, guys!

Kawa likes this.
  16. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

i kinda miss the glitch where you could blink halfway into the ground...
    if done right you were able to crouch down and disappear from view, but still use weapons.
    it would be perfect for playing as an assasin...

17. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

Bookmarks bookmarks bookmarks bookmarks, did I mention I'd like bookmarks to make it into the update too? :D
    The performance updates are very welcome too but are honestly still #2 on that list : /

You won't be able to do that with the GUI either, there's no bind available which is by design as I was told
    You can already change key binds since a long while, you just have to do it with a text editor.

18. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

I would set it to R for 'resources'. :3
    Wait no, that's for the matter manipulator.
    Um... G for... um... G... ... for grabbed stuff? :U

19. Masterrulax

Masterrulax Subatomic Cosmonaut

OPTIMIZE the damn game, it runs slow in even high end PCs that said good update.

Royal_Starlord likes this.
  20. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

The only thing I want to see before anything else in 2015 is release day. Cram more features in ONCE you've hit 1.0 and gotten everything set up the way it needs to be. Keep up the great work.

Talmid likes this.