Evolution of monsters

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Azazel, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Tea Mate

Tea Mate Existential Complex

All he said was this:
    If you call that hate, then you don't understand the meaning of word "hate"

Also, it was stated multiple times that this has NOTHING to do with pokemon. The comparison came from people who most likely didn't even read the idea and just related the word "evolution" to pokemon because that's the only place they have ever heard it. And from one misunderstanding followed another. I'm surprised Azazel is not getting annoyed yet. I know i would be.

Also, what kind of comparison are you talking about?
    The comparison that was written was based on your post, not the idea. And in that particular post the person who made the comparison quoted YOU talking about something that Azazel didn't even suggest. Backtrack it if you don't believe me.

But i agree with you on one thing. I would hate it if there was too much Pokemon or any-other-kind-of-mon stuff in starbound, even thought that is off-topic since it does not relate to this idea.

2. Azazel

Azazel Void-Bound Voyager

Well I did get slightly annoyed >_<
    But thanks for explaining it.

3. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

<_<; Yeah, Like I also said, I knew (especially after some clarification) that the idea had nothing to do with Pokemon. But there are still Pokemon like aspects that the Devs have hinted at including, notably capturing and training multiple pets. We were just talking about this idea in the context of other aspects that are likely to be in the game. See my example about bringing up Terraria-- It is okay to mention Pokemon, even if the idea is not identical to anything from Pokemon, if it somehow reminds people of Pokemon there is nothing wrong about mentioning it.

This is exactly what people were talking about in that Starbound ≠ Terraria thread! Just because they are not at all similar does not mean they can not be compared. I can compare an apple to an octopus if I very well please; Doing so should not prompt people to get annoyed and feel like they have to remind everyone that apples are not the same as octopuses, we already know!

And I didn't accuse him of hating Pokemon. I simply asked, because it seemed rather extreme to get so annoyed about people simply comparing the concepts.

4. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

This is fine as long as we don't start comparing apples to oranges, that would be horrendous.

Anyway yeah evolution seems a bit extreme to me.

5. DeadlyLuvdisc

But apples and oranges are both fruit, and I never said anything about oranges! Geez! lol

6. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

My god, why did you just do that?!?!
    You compared them, that's as bad as dividing by zero, like this 9/0 .
    What have I done?! Noooooooooooo!

§hifter likes this.
  7. Azazel

Thanks for being off topic guys after that one post about comparison and one about it seems extreme :3
    Appreciate it.

§hifter and DeadlyLuvdisc like this.
  8. DeadlyLuvdisc

Okay, yeah, that's my bad. Sorry about that.
    If it makes you feel any better, I think your idea here is a terrific way to keep the unique mobs in the game longer.

Azazel likes this.
  9. Azazel

Thank chu alot :D

10. Half-Mod35

Half-Mod35 Space Penguin Leader

This maybe difficult to implant into the game, afterall there is more NPC's than what HL2 has to offer. But still maybe possible.

11. Azazel

I said this would be difficult, did I not?
    But with tons of effort they could get it in as a later update :)

12. Star of Wisdom

Star of Wisdom Lucky Number 13

I love these kind of ideas, evolution is a key thing for a good game, honest opinion from me, it doesn't always have to be there though. So the evolved creatures just add more to the current stats or gain a new attack, a new feature unique to them? Virorb. Evolved. Phazorb, gained attack, Bloodsteal, steals blood from the creature the Phazorb is on, disarming all their headgear and dealing as much possible damage all around the body. (The Phazorb spreads a liquid in the head to travel down the body and eventually infect it, starting to damage it)

Well done, Azazel, good idea, hope you like what I've thought of.

Azazel likes this.
  13. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

i think this is actully a really good idea. instad of like spore where i throwan animal on a planet and it just dies. if it has an atmosphere for one animal to live on. any animal could live and evolve on. if this is implanted. iwill have plenty fun abducting animals and placing themon random planets with ten others of the same one. then come back 1 day later( real day later. not game day ) and see the new one.

Azazel likes this.
  14. Azazel

Oh sweet your amazing at ideas.
    Me and you could have a chat and upgrade this damn thread :p
    And thanks again.
    Thanks.
    And yeah, and if you have them as pets, watch 'em evolve and you get a better pet.

Star of Wisdom likes this.
  15. Azazel

Updated/upgraded the thread a little to keep it organised for people and not all cluttered together.

Star of Wisdom likes this.
  16. Star of Wisdom

The bad moon could howl and send various sound waves damaging the player's ears and hurting them for a period of time. The octopus/jellyfish thing could stab its tentacles through the heart and infect the heart, making your character's skin colour purple-ish-pink.

17. Azazel

First idea seems pretty weird. Second I love :3
    Got anymore awesome ideas?

18. Star of Wisdom

Well, first of all, thanks.

A virorb, when next evolved could be able to charge into the character at an insane speed. Or. When they are on your head, they can send messages to your brain to interfere your current brain movement control over the body and take over your actions and such, sometimes making you walk the opposite direction, jumping when not needed or stepping back to ultimately fail a parkour jump into the seemingly endless pit of bubbling hot lava.

19. Azazel

Nice, anything asides Virorb ? And do you know what any special stats could be given like Bad Moon if the octopus slime thing shot its tentacles at the player it could have a larger range etc.

20. Star of Wisdom

Aside from skill additions, I have no more suggestions, unfortunately.