1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

EPP Augment warning

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheHengeProphet, Jul 27, 2016.

1. TheHengeProphet

TheHengeProphet Void-Bound Voyager

Replacing an augment module in an EPP backpack will NOT recover the one that was originally in there. There is no warning about this and it caused me to lose my light augment.

Upgrading your EPP will also not refund an augment, so warning there as well.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    MelOzone likes this.
  2. ZeeHero

ZeeHero Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds like a bug? Do you ever need augments for anything?

3. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

I don't think they meant the augments to be removable.

4. Shjade

Shjade Void-Bound Voyager

Losing your current augment when replacing it seems okay.

Losing your current augment when you upgrade your EPP to a better EPP is kinda crap though.

5. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

If the augments were not meant to be removable why would they look like USB sticks? It really makes it seem like they should be removable. It also makes it seem like there should be EPP's with multiple USB slots.

Look like USB (Which would make anyone think you can swap them as desired)
    No warning of overwrite
    No warning of loss on upgrade
    Sounds like this could use an update.

Hurgablurg, STCW262, KaLS_ and 2 others like this.
  6. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

100% agree that this needs to be fixed.

It would also be nice if vanity slot items still displayed their light effect.
    As it stands, I have to choose between my bright light xenon backpack or being able to survive in any star past temperate.

7. Pyronymer

Pyronymer Big Damn Hero

It's pretty simple, the augments are meant to be lost when replaced.

Why? Because it fits the entire design philosophy of the game. Which as far as I can tell increasingly seems to clearly be "you aren't allowed to have nice things".

Toyi85 and SamuFinland like this.
  8. Squeegeeie

Squeegeeie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It I'd by design that the old assignment is lost. They spoke about them in the dev logs when they were first put in the nightly. You can put as many new augments into your epp, but you lose the old augment. If you want to keep it, then you can build a new epp to insert the new one into.

9. Axerax

Axerax Poptop Tamer

I'm going to agree that the augments should transfer with upgrades, there augment system needs an interface to drop the augment into a slot, augment, and give you the new EPP.

The Augments should state they are Consumed on Use in addition to their Permanent Effect. You should also be able to replace the current augment, giving a warning it destroys the current Augment being used.

A good addition would be to have a system like the TM/HM system in Pokemon where some where one time uses and others were reusable. Allowing us to prioritise some reusable in a replaceable slot and having a non replaceable augment slot. This way we can have things like Light, swim, energy Augments as a replaceable and ones like Damage, Health, Speed being non replaceable. Ones that are quality of life should be replaceable while game changers are non replaceablez

10. SamuFinland

SamuFinland Phantasmal Quasar

I've lost two Light augments and one Health one because of this

11. PocketNova

PocketNova Master Chief

After you beat the Apex mission you'll unlock a merchant that sells augments. The stock changes daily just like the frogg merchant at the outpost so you'll have to keep checking back in for the one you want. The higher end ones are rather pricey. I agree that the augments need to have a consumable tag.

12. Aurakiel

Aurakiel Space Spelunker

This is pretty much where I stand. I would have liked to know the augment was going to be destroyed or irremovable before hand. I have no problem buying augments and replacing them.

13. Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Thank you for confirming that for me TC I was too much of a cheapskate to test it out myself. Guess I'll be using multiple EPPs.

14. IronSquid501

IronSquid501 Void-Bound Voyager

I just have multiple EPP's with different augments. Not that hard to do.
    Want a light? Put a light augment on one and swap it out when you're mining. Want a healing epp? Make a new one, put a healing augment on it and swap it out when you're exploring.
    The only thing I think that they need to add is a warning for people who think they'll get their augment back. Other than that, the system is fine.

15. Pyronymer

Pyronymer Big Damn Hero

Why do you think an entire EPP pack for every single augment you might ever want to actually see in use in game ever is a system being fine?

Its nothing more than needless painful make work and needless additional resource tax. Swappable augments would still have the same progress hoops, the same resulting power levels, and even the same cost in inventory slots to carry around, only you wouldnt have to craft a chain of four items each time for no perceivable reason.

This is like the whole thing where teleporters and tech consoles are needlessly and punishingly "destroy on break". Its something that is there for no reason other than to punish the player while padding game length without actually adding any additional content or enjoyment.

Yusuke Urameshi likes this.
  16. Axerax

Axerax Poptop Tamer

This entire post is what is wrong with the system and why the slots should be removable just like pet collars should be removable. Bag space is already slim enough when trying to explore. I don't need more things taking up space.

To get around the light augment I've been using yellow stims now to light my way.

17. ViciousVinnyD

ViciousVinnyD Big Damn Hero

This.

Speaking of things that cannot be removed, I've died multiple times to the dash tech and as such have had to spend additional cards on replacing it with the more reliable sprint tech.