Digital Environment and other faraway lands

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Beaumort, Apr 5, 2013.

1. BlackSun

BlackSun Big Damn Hero

I'm so jelly :confused: Your art is amazing, Beaumort! :notworthy:
    Your pictures are so colourful and creative, I really like it :love:

Keep up the good work, sir! :proper:

Beaumort likes this.
  2. Beaumort

Beaumort Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you very much :) and don't worry i can't live without painting something ;)

3. beebot83

beebot83 Big Damn Hero

Stop being good at art! :cry:

Beaumort likes this.
  4. Beaumort

Hell no :p In fact i'm not that good yet, I probably need somewhere between 6 months to 1 year worht of training and studies and then I'll say something like "good" ;)

5. beebot83

beebot83 Big Damn Hero

Seriously, You need to see my art... Its horridness will definitely make you feel good about your art!

6. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Everything is about perspective x). A man of arts will always look at his own works with a critic's eye. And that goes for all 'levels' of skill. Each time you'll practice and think you've done enough with a subject, you might see your work and naturally say : 'awesome ! Now I need to do better'... Unless you're in a delusional spiral, but that's another trouble :p

7. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

I am so jealous of your drawing skills ): #MonthlyWallPaperSeptember

8. Beaumort

Zephiron is right (well unless you hit the delusional spiral thing): As an artist you always have to put your own work in perspective. Mastering enought skills to be paid and make a living out of it is one thing, but "mastering" Art in its globality is not really possible and its a lifetime goal on its own.

So yeah every once and a while you'll look back on the work you did and said "great i've improved! Now let's move on and do better" :) Then you'll realize that talented peoples don't really exist as its a matter of hard work and dedication. Artists who are better than you are just ahead on the Art path, that's all :D

Work hard and you'll get there :) I promise !

AstroBlast, Zephiron and pigrocket like this.
  9. beebot83

beebot83 Big Damn Hero

I'm not disagreeing with him at all, he is 100% right! I just feel like you aren't giving the"Great I've improved!" Part as much as it deserves.

10. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Well see it like a MMO Game : You know that you've progressed once you've completed your first dungeon without your whole party gathering their severed limbs around the place :D. You know that your PvP skill has increased when you survive several successive 1on1 matches without counting your broken teeths on the floor. You know that you've improved when you sucessfully tank a 21M PV world boss without half your raid leaking their blood on the floor. You improve your 'skills' as you play, and yet you never feel completely satisfied by this or that moment, or this specific part of your show, and whenever you do these again, you always try to be more efficient than the last time.

It's not that he doesn't give the "improving" part enough credits for its results, it's just that he has taken the habbit of getting back to training without being stuck on the contemplative state of what is already done ^^. (...not sure if I'm clear enough...feel like my english is leaking out of my brain right now Oo)

11. beebot83

beebot83 Big Damn Hero

You explained it perfectly! I guess since I'm terrible at just about every creative activity, I encourage others to do what I can't.